How do you go about telling someone you are interested in them?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• FYI ladies. Some guys don't know how to talk to women so if you play shy or hard to get they won't chase you. by the way the game of chase is for players so keep that in mind. Please express some interest in the guy and he will in time get the courage to talk to you/ask you to hang out/go on a date.

4|7
    0|1
    • this guy gets it. If a girl plays games I'll just go elsewhere.

• The other problem though. Is both sexes find it "empowering" to pretend they don't want attention from the other. When in reality everyone is just left feeling low self esteem because nobody gets to experience the random flirt in public to boost their confidence. Everyone needs that every once in a while

Most Helpful Girl

• My first step would be to ask them to hang out or do some sort of activity that we both like doing.
    If you don't know them well, suggest something generic like going to a movie or grabbing a coffee (or tea, if they're caffeine-phobes).
    If you know them well enough, then suggest something that's accordant with their interests. If they like bowling and arcades, suggest bowling or going to an arcade. If they like board games, suggest playing a board game. And if you don't know, you can always just ask about their hobbies and interests.

The second step is to just straight-up tell them you like them. Whether you should do this in the first place is something you have to gauge by their reactions to other, less obvious advances of yours--e. g., teasing them, complimenting them, touching them playfully. If they're responsive/receptive to these advances, then you just come out with it. You don't have to be elaborate and go full Romeo/Juliet on them. Just a simple "you know, [insert their name], I like you." Look them in the eyes, and smile. Make your expression and tone of voice when you say this sound nonchalant and carefree, but also earnest and sincere. The rest is up to them.

0|0
    0|1
    • Missing a heart beat while reading your opinions.

• Show All
    • @r4ngeF

You are Jewish, not Muslim bro. Nice try.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 29

• Unless they are completely oblivious, you don't have to tell them. Asking them out on a date should clue them in anyway.

1|1
    0|0
    • I'd agree, but depending on the situation (coworker, neighbor) and the date (lunch break, just a drink, etc) they may interpret it as the guy being friendly. Not likely, but it's happened.

• From past experiences, if you want to have a relationship with the girl, the moment you straightforward tell a girl you like her, it's over. You lost her. I did this a couple of months ago and I shouldn't. I knew I shouldn't have, but I still did it and now I regret it. But I can't turn back time.

Girls have to be "told" in a more subtle manner, like:
    1. Asking for their name;
    2. Asking them out;
    3. Asking for their phone number if they agree to a date.
    =====
    4. I kiss at first dates! 😈
    (if the girl is not completely nuts, that is)

Be as "simple" and clear as you can with your ACTIONS, not words. After you kiss her (and don't get a punch in the throat), you can tell her anything, but you would probably ruin it anyway. If you want to tell her what you really feel about her, I'd say a safe bet is to tell her after you slept together for 5-6 times. Her sleeping with you for 5-6 times means you do a good job, anyway. So it's mainly understood, you don't need to come clean.

But you could get extra points if you do.

On the other hand, if you don't want a relationship with that girl or you don't want it pretty soon (maybe because you're in a relationship already), be as sincere as you can. I constantly tell people (either men or women) I admire "I love you" and I mean it. Metaphorically.

0|0
    0|0
  • I take things extremely slowly. First though I'd always make sure to tell them I like them, so they don't think of me as just a friend, but someone with the intentions of maybe bring their boyfriend. Then I take months to get to know them and get comfortable with them.

1|0
    0|0
  • First off I’d communicate with her. Then if it seems like conversation goes well then I’d ask her out.

If it’s a stranger it’s easier. If it’s someone you already know, a friend or work colleague play it a bit slower.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she also interested, I just say it, if not, I try to make her like me before saying.
    If she really doesn't like me, I only say it if they ask

0|0
    0|0
  • “Hi, I’m _________ (shake hands.) I was wondering if you’d like to do something later and get to know each other better.”

1|0
    0|0
  • Drop subtle hints in the conversations. Use humor. Practice your sensual winking super powers. If you don't make your move, there's a 92% chance nothing will happen at all, which would be sad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Any which way will do - bat your eyelids, gaze at them, smile, have a chat, have more of a chat, see how interested they are - or simply say 'hey, I find you interesting'.

0|0
    0|0
  • 'Hey, I like you, maybe we should go out sometime. Like, now. What are you doing now?'

1|1
    0|0
  • www.court-records.net/.../bratworth-shrug(e).gif

Haha, I tried asking out a girl I was interested in the other day. I was nervous but to me, she seemed like an interesting person (we were talking for quite a while about school and hobbies). There some light mutual touching and flirting throughout the conversation. Anyway, I pulled the trigger and asked her she would like to continue the conversation on a date with me but she politely declined.

Oh well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 8

• Show them in an Indiscreet Way with a little More than A... Hey.
    This way, that "Someone,' hun, Will not get Cold Duck Feet when you Hint around real Sweet.
    Telling them Here, dear, Could Cause you to go Barking up the wrong Tree with Thee. Be that Apple that is Hardest to Get, By a little Flirting, That's It.
    The rest will Fall in place if it is Meant to be be.
    Good Luck. xx

0|0
    0|1
  • If I liked someone, then I would probably say hi to them and start a normal conversation, but on social medias, I would probably follow him and tag him on one of my posts to get his attention. And go off from there.

0|0
    0|1
  • You cut to the chase and spill. I dont wait around to playing guessing games for months on end. Busy girl.

0|0
    0|1
  • Depends on the person. Sometimes I say "I like your shoes" and sometimes I say "I like you".

0|2
    0|1
  • Tell them you want to show them your butthole it works for girls to guys 100% unless he hates you.

0|0
    0|1
  • So what to do in case you already told the guy you like him but you dont want him to turn you down o make it over? How to let a guy you like ffffthat just becuse you like him does not mean you want a serious relationship like right now or soon.
    i like this guy and i sense that just because he knows I like him i wabnt a relationship with him. I mean i want to get to know him better or more thn I already do, but he assumes that if we go out more it is because my intentions are to have something serious with him and he is a guy who does not want to have a serious relationship or to even get married in his future. Im not getting married either anyway but I dont see no harm in hanging out or going out several times like friends that is normal but in his head it means hanging ouit often equals I want something serious.

0|0
    0|1
    • I mean not necessarily all men or women who go out often it means that will turn into serious some turn into serious of course but not all the times, you can still han gout with the person have fun but is not that you want something serious soon and that could be a turn off for the guy.

• initiate contact

0|2
    0|1
  • Try "fuck off".

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes