Why do men reject me?

Okay, so I'm really baffled by something and could do with some genuine advice. I don't have the guts to post my picture but ide like your opinions on this.
Im a 23 year old female. never really dated as I have always been focused on my career but have come across men in the past ( work colleagues etc) who showed interest.

Now, as I'm getting to a point where I would like to meet somebody and thought a dating website may help as I'm completely new to the dating world. Trouble is every time I speak to people, it's general chat and then when we exchange pictures… the ones that I am interested in seem to lose interest-which makes me think there's something wrong with me. The guys are nice about it and let me down gently, but I know it's to do with my looks.

Im confused becsuse my entire life growing I was always told I was attractive, by strangers, family and friends. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying that I'm a model material and deserve guys giving me attention (I clearly know I am not), however I do take care of myself. Have nice hair, skin, okay features and dress smart.
I am now questioning all that and starting to wonder whether I am attractive because these guys would not have lost interest after picture swap. Guys that could have pursued something with me but chose not to after a picture swap, and this has now happened a few times which is worrying me.

It has really knocked my confidence and I don't know what's wrong with me.
Could it be the website?
Could it be the type of men I am coming across?
Could it be ME?
Thanks for all ur responses. I really would like to post a photo, however I do not think in that brave.
I've had time to think about it and have come to the conclusion that there are more important things in life to think about. I'm just going to continue working on myself and be the best that I can be.
Thank you all once again for taking the time to answer my question.

230

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's always happening right after the pic swap, it's either that they're not attracted to you, or you're too attractive to them, or they were just trolling for pics all along.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Like I know I sound really stupid now, but it bothers me. Fair enough if I knew I was average or an ugly duckling I would have had my whole life get used to it. But I've had the opposite. I've always been told I was attractive. Would men really reject somebody they found too attractive? I honestly think that's unlikely.

• Depends on how much of a bond you've already formed. A lot of people, men & women both, are easily intimidated by someone they consider to be "out of their league".
      If you haven't talked enough to establish a genuine rapport, they might be assuming you're playing them, or going to reject them, or maybe even some kind of scammer.

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't hate me for saying this but... are you black? Are you overweight?

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Oh please stop with the "are you black" scapegoat. Obese might be a problem but she stated, that she is taking care of herself. As i understand she isn't fat. Most women are not fat.

• Raspberry - As i see it this is a bit of an equivalent of asking a man for the reason why he does not have a girlfriend yet and then ask him "Are you poor?"... provided we are not talking about gold diggers.
      I am not denying, that there are racist buttholes out there but still.

• Hahaha i love you so much !!!