Do women have it easier when dating?

Is it easier for women to get dates, find a boyfriend and settle down than men?
If so why in your opinion.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Easier to find dates and get dates. I'd also argue easier to find casual sex too. For settling down I think men have it harder. I also heard from both men and women that women have it easier before they're 30 (in general) and men have an easier time dating after 30 (in general). Being in my early 20's it seems that my female friends always see, to find dates easily but never a relationship. Where I don't find dates easily and don't date as much but when I do it's usually with someone I click with and it turns into a relationship.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Get a date yes.
    I'm not sure about settling down. Its probably easier to find a girl who wants to settle down than finding a guy who wants to.

Honestly I think girls get more dates because we put more effort into our appearances than most guys do.

Girls are usually more picky, I guess because we have more of a selection. Or if we are just obsessed with finding "The One".

Guys usually aren't as picky, I dont know if rejection causes them to lower their standards or if its because all vaginas feel relatively the same.

1|0
    0|1

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• Typically speaking, yes. Women do have it easier when they don't play games with men. When they play games, it's a bit more harder - at least with some of us. With men, it's more difficult - at least if we don't put out some "bad boy" persona that's not genuinely ourselves. Women say they want confidence in a man. But I know from experience (and from what other guys have told me) that they had all the confidence and yet they still had trouble finding love.

0|0
    0|0
  • ROFL obviously the average girl has it easier than the average guy

0|0
    1|1
    • Yh explain...

• Show All
    • Max your reply makes no sense.
      as for explaining why I think this:

For starters, the male is expected to contribute more than the female counterpart. This places a higher financial burden on the male than the female making it easier on the girl.
      Additionally, the male is expected to chase the female rather than the other way around. This means the male puts in more effort in Courting a girl and has to burden the risk of rejection more

If the average girl puts herself out there tonnes of guys will be tripping over one another for her. So women have more selection and don't have to put in all that much work to get people to be interested in them

• This isn't inherently bad, but to think the average girl has it harder is just stupid

• Women have it easier than men, for sure. Although, I know it's no cake walk on the other side.
    If you're interested in the perspective of a woman who has seen the differences from both sides, firsthand, read "Self Made Man" by Norah Vincent.

0|0
    0|1
  • of course... women are the ones that generally get asked out and paid for and it's generally men falling all over themselves trying to impress the woman... men are the hunters... all pressure on the men.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say it works like this most of the time...

-Women can get dates more easily, sure.
    -But women have a harder time finding the right guy and getting him to commit.

0|0
    0|1
  • if that was true then are all the women that found it so easy settled down with other women? surely it has to be 50/50

0|1
    0|0
  • Easier to get dates yes. Settling down , not so much. In my experience and observations women have been way more flakey and tend to get bored and cheat.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm as a guy. I'd say yes. Because for the most part the has to ask the girl out. Hence. All girl has to do is say. Yes or no. Not saying this is the case always. Just 98.9% of the time

0|0
    0|0
  • well women definitely have it easier finding a guy but finding and honestly finding a good guy is just as hard as finding a good girl

0|0
    0|1
  • In terms of being hit on in public or online, probably yes. In terms of introvertedness, it's probably equal.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 3

• It depends. If the woman are confident in themselves, or are the "don't-need-a-man" type, then yeah, it's a breeze. If they don't have confidence and hide behind the wall all day, then I don't think so.

1|0
    0|1
  • I think it’s easier for women until they hit their mid 30’s, and then it’s easier for men

0|0
    0|0
  • Men have it easier.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes