Why do women text overly formally to me, like with excess punctuation and stuff?

I have talked to/messaged/texted lots of women in the past and I've had this weird thing always happening where they start off really flirty and relaxed but soon start to use excess punctuation and stuff in their texts. Like what I mean is:

They start off with:

"Haha yea I can totally see that :) I used to play volleyball when I was younger but don't have time anymore :( Do you play any sports?"

To:

"I'd like to hope so in the future. I don't know what I want to do with my future but I'll figure something out."

See what I mean?

This sort of thing has probably happened to me 20 or so times in the past year and it's kind of off putting because it makes me feel like the women are either mad at me, intimidated, or off put themselves.

Some more info:

(1) I ask out women within a day of getting a number
(2) I don't use excess punctuation myself, although I do use proper grammar
(3) I never start off with sexual language
(4) And I do meet with most of these women, which have turned to hook ups on some occasions

Advice?
Nope only about 50% of them. Most of the girls that seemed fun over text were fun in person too - even if we didn't click

21