Dating a guy so far out of my league he basically lives in another world - how do I do it?

Let me get this out of the way.. I’m not super attractive. I’m very plain, but in a somewhat pretty way I guess. Think Emma Watson or Keira Knighley (ive been compared to both a few times). I’ve even got the brown eyes (not that there’s anything wrong with that, mine are just small and unspectacular). My hair is mousy and thin.

I started dating this guy. He is so far out of my league, he looks like a model. Honestly, I’m not just saying that because I like him. He has every beautiful feature... huge blue eyes, tall, confident, gorgeous hair..

Every day I have to fight back insecurity, and I’m not sure how to stop. I just don’t know why he would like me. I honestly have no idea.

How do I handle this? Should I just stop dating him?

17

Most Helpful Guy

• It means that he likes you for you, so be happy ^_^

I've been attracted to some really shitty women. I've seen good friends attracted to some really shitty men. I had a coworker whose dream job was to work at the TSA. I had another coworker whose dream was to be a mortician.

The moral of the story... one cannot help what they desire.

That's why people date those clearly "Not worthy" (For lack of a better term), it's because that's just what you desire. If he's that much above you, then he's not looking for just sex and actually likes you for you. So congrats, you win.

Yes, the insecurity will be an issue, but really you just have to get over it. Try to see what he sees in you. If he has the pick of the litter and wants to be with you, you're clearly something special dear.

Most Helpful Girl

• Enjoy him as much as you can. Stop comparing yourself to him.