We have a label: "Friends" who are dating. Is this bad?

gaiarose3
I've been dating this guy for almost two months now. He has done everything that a boyfriend would do: taking me out on dates, calling me every day after work, having intimate and emotional talks with each other, etc. He even brought me to his family on Christmas day at his family dinner - Even though he Introduced me as his friend.
And I was okay with that. He is like a best friend to me - We talk on the phone for hours every day, he would show up spontaneously at my door with surprise dates and flowers, and he always tries to encourage me and cheer me up whenever I feel down. We had great sex, and the chemistry is amazing. When I asked about "What are we?", he would then reply, "We are friends who are dating each other."
Is this bad? Should I pursue the "boyfriend/girlfriend" label with him? Or is this too early?
1
3