Are there really guys out there who enjoy spending money on their girlfriends?

By spending money I mean taking them on vacations, taking them out to fancy restaurants, buying them expensive gifts, etc... Or is it all a fairy tale?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I do it all the time. I had a first date for New Years Eve with a high school classmate and she postponed it because she has pneumonia. Tomorrow, I will send her flowers. Our first date will be dinner at an upscale restaurant, a symphony concert, and drinks afterwards.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Is it bad that I actually want a guy to spoil me like this? All of my exes were broke and cheap, meanwhile all my friends have boyfriends who do the types of things you do for your female friend. I feel as if I've been missing out my whole life.

• It's not the money; it's the thought. Where I live, a guy can buy a dozen roses for $15-20 at the grocery store and bring them home to his honey. He can leave her a note o the mirror that says "I love you" or "can't wait to see you again." You need guys who are ore serious about finding a LTR.

• Will people accuse me of being a gold digger simply because I want a guy to shower me with gifts and take me out to fancy restaurants or even a vacation? (things my exes never did).
      Note, I wouldn't date a man for money alone. But, I think that money is extremely important in a relationship and being spoiled and shown that I am valued is extremely important to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think some of them do.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 24

• Why should he spend a lot of money on you? Do you spend a lot of money on him? It goes both ways, women aren't the only ones who like all those nice things, so why should the man be the one to pay for it? Men and women should pay 50-50, that's how relationships are supposed to work. You're an adult, if you want that stuff, pay for it yourself, men are not your personal ATM machine. Sorry if this sounds harsh, but it's reality.

1|0
    1|0
    • It's just the traditional thing to do. If dating a "Ms. Independent" is something you want, there are plenty of chicks like that out there. However, being spoiled and having money spent on me is my ideal type of relationship. Most people are traditional. Many of my friends have boyfriends/husbands who spend lavishly on them, so why can't I want the same thing? It may sound harsh, but it's reality.

• Show All
    • Lots of these “respectable” girls deep down wish men could spend money on them. They just decide to settle for guys like you who won’t because they have a low self-esteem and don’t think they can do any better.

• Believe it or not, men are not required to give you all of their money in order to show that they value you. Your way of thinking just shows that YOU value money more than a man's genuine affection. And you seem to have misunderstood me, there's nothing wrong with spending money on the person you love. It's the constantly showering them with riches and spoiling them that I have a problem with, it's unfair and it's unhealthy for all involved. You want a guy to spend all of his hard-earned money on you and to treat you like a little princess, but you have nothing to offer in return. Or is your love worth more than a man's love? Spoiler alert, it's not.

I'm sorry, but it just sounds to me like you're not looking for a partner, you're looking for a father. In which case, I wish you the best of luck in all your future endeavors and I hope you finally get that pony.

• We are on vacation twice per year,
    but we are like one in a thousand...
    I mean McDucks with non-zero balance.
    So there's still a chance to get lucky. Or better luck next life.

www.instagram.com/.../?taken-by=jankurbanaliyev

0|0
    0|0
  • That a gold digger fantasy and not a fairy tale.
    I wouldn't splurge on my woman unless I'm 300% sure about her.

0|1
    0|0
    • Not all girls who want to be spoiled are golddiggers. To be honest, every girl wishes she had a guy like I just described. Obviously, they won't admit that to you to not hurt your feelings, but it's the reality. I'm just wondering if it happens as often as people make it out to be.

• Show All
    • It happens very often, but only when the guy is a sugar daddy or extremely rich and blind in it.

Or when the woman is worth splurging over which is the minority of cases.

• What exactly is your idea of a woman worth spending money on?

• Yes I do. But only if my Sense tells me that she isn't primarily with me because of that. Trust me I notice, I can literally SMELL a golddigger when she's 100 miles away. Thats why I usually won't tell my last name. Because my family Name is well known in my City.

0|0
    0|0
  • For sure. Get her covered in Gucci. Princess that girl up

1|0
    0|0
    • are you being serious or sarcastic?

• Serious. If I could afford it. Shower that bitch in your love and make her happy. A girl who's happy with me is my favorite. Feed off her happiness

• Well I have a problem with it if its EXPECTED of me to shell out my hard earned cash for her vanity. However if she likes me for who I am, rather than what i buy for her, I would love to spend money on her. She deserves to be shown how important she is to me. But money also doesn't necessarily do that. I won't be overly stingy or anything on a date but im not about to have a serious relationship based on showering her with money

0|0
    0|0
  • I used to, but ultimately I had to acknowledge that deep down I was trying to buy her affection. I had to realize that even if my girlfriend didn't buy me stuff, that I would still like her for her. So now I demand that a woman like me for me. If she doesn't actually like me for me, and just wants me to waste my money on her, then she can go find another sucker for that.

You keep insisting you're not a gold digger, so I want to pose a serious question to you. Don't answer, just really think about it. Why do you insist on him spoiling you with money and material possessions, rather than wanting him to spoil you with his time and attention? Time is where the real value is, time is something that a man can never get back. A guy who gives his woman money doesn't actually value her, that's the lazy way of doing things. A man who gives his woman his time, that's the guy who actually values you. Just something to think about.

0|0
    0|0
    • The simple answer to your last question is I want the full package. Money alone isn't going to make me happy. I want time and attention as well. I hope this clarifies any confusion.

• Not a fairytale... I enjoy doing that for my girlfriend, when I have one anyway. been single 6 months now, taking a break from dating

0|0
    0|0
  • yeah.. sometimes xD.. she is mygf. she is responsible from me

0|0
    0|0
  • its true.
    many guys do it.
    I haven't any girlfriend. but I have female friends. I spend money on them

0|0
    0|0
  • I took my ex on a round the world trip. What a waste that was.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I used to do it for my girlfriend. I gave up video games to make it possible.

0|0
    0|0
    • Is it bad that I actually want my boyfriend to do this?

• Well the problem that arose because of this is I spent too much time with her and it pushed her away. So be careful of what you wish for.

• Its not a fairy tale about spending money. You just need a guy with a good job.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes not every day. But something special at least once a mouth

0|0
    0|0
  • not an enjoy thing... a trade thing for sexual favors

0|0
    0|0
  • But a guy will expect something from such a girl

0|0
    0|0
  • There are aka sugar daddies

0|0
    0|0
    • Sugar daddies only want sex though. I'm talking about a guy who is in love with his girlfriend.

• You actually think guys want more from a woman than sex? Fascinating...

• I'd like to..

0|0
    0|0
  • I do

0|0
    0|0
  • it's a fairy tale...

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes