I really need help?

A guy I have been knowing for a little while says he can't resist me and want to be with me 24/7 and only want to be with me and no one else. I am the only reason what makes him happy. He is a very needy person. I don't really feel the same strong feelings as he does and I want him to step back a little, but not be rude about it. How can I do that?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• You have to first figure out what type of relationship (how to relate) you want. After that, you can compose your thoughts. By your description, he is acting like a neglected dog. When you pet him or show attention, he tries to make up for his complete lack of attention. That drives people away. If you can get him to understand that and to try and restrain himself, he may be be able to have a healthy relationship with someone without driving them away.

1|0
    0|0
    • Thank you. I will try to do that. :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• there is no easy way to let someone down. the longer you string him along the worse it will feel. I was strung along for 15 months, then again for 6.. the 15 months hurt worse than the 6 months...

0|0
    0|0
  • He would always need you. But you would only hurt him once. Now think again.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lie and tell him you only need 23 hours then tomorrow tell him 22 hours. He'll get it.

0|0
    0|0
  • tell him u a lesbian.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• It's never good to be with someone that says they need you so much that they can't be happy without you. I think it's better to step away now than hurt him later... But maybe tell him you've met someone who you like then you don't have to directly insult him

1|0
    0|0
    • But I really do like him though.. that's the problem

• Yes but you might hurt him a lot in the long run. But you should make that decision for yourself of course I don't know you two

• tell him you need some space... but in a pleasant way without coming off as rude because he might find it offensive

1|0
    0|0
  • Just do it Early as u can just open up what you have in your mind

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes