On a first date, do you prefer to dress classy or casual?

• Classy
    Vote A
  • Casual
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It depends on the date. I'm not going to wear a gown to a picnic or hike, obviously. But, generally, I try to dress as formal as the occasion allows. My general attire is more business than casual (say what you will, I think business pants are comfier than jeans), so for your generic type of dates (movies, restaurant, coffee date), I'll probably be in some trousers and a blazer.

2|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• What's the point in faking how you usually look for the first date?
    Wouldn't dressing casual be best for the first date anyways as it shows the other how you usually dress and what they dress like usually, it's like a 1st step to knowing one another better.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• Casual. I don't like dressing up for anything so I'd rather wear something I feel comfortable in.

0|4
    0|1
  • I prefer casual. But at my age, I'm thinking it should be more classy just because I'm looking for a certain maturity in a relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Especially the first date I think it should be casual, that way both parties are comfortable in what their wearing, and in a comfortable atmosphere. I personally fine being in a comfortable atmosphere makes it easier to get to know someone. As they go on more dates I would go classy.

0|1
    0|0
  • The question sounds non-sense if we don't receive the location of the date first.
    If it's a walking in park/ picnic /anything outdoors, it'd be weird to wear lace skirts and business shirt. I'd prefer jeans, flats, t-shirt and cardigan.
    But for a date at a restaurant, theatre, musical, it'd be classy : business pants and t-shirt and small heels.

I usually wear in between anyways, coz that's my style.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on yourself i guess. First date is about knowing the person, so why dress up like someone who you aren't? Bcs he likes the way you style yourself on your first date, it means that he's in love w ur attire. Not that dressing up casual means shabby or messy tho. Dress up decent & proper, but still be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • A bit of both, which is my everyday style.
    I’d dress up if we were going someplace nice, but otherwise I just dress like I normally would. Cute but comfy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Appropriately tailored to the situation.

I do tend to err on the side of overdressing though because I want to make an impression and I’d like them to think I tried too much, rather than not at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Voted A. I am more of a dresser than a casual girl. I don't feel dressed properly if I am too casual. I wear heels at least 6 out of 7 days.

0|0
    0|0
  • In between - I think its manners to show that you did put effort and thought into the way you look, but dressing to the nines would give too much pressure

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm depends where we were going. I don’t want to look too dressy and i don’t want to look to causal either. So i sit in the middle. Dressy casual or even smart casual

0|0
    0|0
    • id dress casual and sexy so mooky would want to try this chocolate

• I’d prefer a casual date just because I feel like a first date should be about getting to know them instead of trying to impress

0|1
    0|0
  • Casual can be classy too !!!

I love dressing nicely.

Jeans with a nice top and shoes can look pretty classy

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on my mood. If im not pissed off i will actually dress to impress. But if im pissed off i will dress like im going to the library to complete my teem paper overnight.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd like tho think my style is naturally a mix of the two

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually casual. But if we’re going somewhere fancy then I dress up a little bit more.

0|0
    0|0
  • Casual for sure, as in a cute top with jeans and high heels

0|0
    0|0
  • Same as I'd dress for an evening out with friends. I don't have anything thats too casual besides my hiking clothes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd dress classy but that's how I dress much of the time anyways.

1|0
    0|0
  • Casual but still depends where the first date is at haha

0|1
    0|0
  • Casual = no expectations. So, casual for me. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 32

• this totally depends on the date. I can dress casual or dress up. if I HAD to pick one, hmm... its a toughie because there are pros and cons to both. I would say for myself, dressed up, because it brings me more confidence and frankly I like how I look in a suite.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on where we were going. At the very least, I'd wear a nicer pair of jeans, a button-up shirt, and a sportcoat or blazer. Maybe a nice pair of wool slacks.

For our first date, my girlfriend and I went to Mass and then out for coffee, so I was in a suit and she wore a nice dress.

0|0
    0|0
  • I dress in a manner that she understands I take her seriously, that this date could lead to the biggest commitment of our lives. It is just another casual dressing making me comfortable but showing my affection which I'm being myself :)

1|0
    0|0
  • We all know that the only moment you know what you're going to wear, is the moment we open the closet..
    I never plan on specific clothes to wear.
    Eh.

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends on where the date is but I prefer casual first dates. Why go somewhere fancy when you're not even sur eif you like the other person yet

0|0
    0|0
  • Casual.
    But like nice casual, not "just going to the store so I can wear pajamas" casual
    Nice shirt, maybe a vest, smart-looking shoes, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • Casual all the way. I hate the style over substance culture. I dress for comfort and practicality. If you don't like that, then we just ain't gonna get on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I meet for coffee on the first date. Anyone that gets dressed up for a 30 mins coffee date is putting way too much effert in.

0|0
    0|0
    • People like to judge of course. If you went in sweatpants then sadly the date is going to walk up to their friends later and be like "Wowww, he/she was there in sweatpants, it's like she/he doesn't care about us at all!" or something along the lines of negativity.

• Something in between. For coffee I'd say it's ok to be casual but good looking casual

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm always classy. Bowtie, shirt, dress pants, et cetera.

0|0
    0|0
  • Odds are I’ll wear jeans, a sport shirt and sport coat. Maybe throw on some wingtips, loafers or dress boots.

0|0
    0|0
  • A preppy casual. Best casual outfit. I wear blue for trust. Black if she's badass.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear clothes that fit and are comfortable. It's very simple.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally, I'd prefer casual. We can always dress classy if we continue with the relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends of where the date will be, but casual is the best.

0|0
    0|0
  • Casual, if i dress classy I'll just end up spilling something on myself

0|0
    0|0
  • Casual. Weddings and funerals are all I dress up for, and sometimes not even those.

0|0
    0|0
  • I want my dates to show their true self, not some false image.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I was single it depended on what was involved during the date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Tux.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes