Is It Okay For A 17 Year Old Girl To Date A 24 Year Old Man?

My friend who is 17 wants to date a man she knows who is 24, and asked me if it's a good idea. I don't think it is because he will likely use her for sex or not be interested/comfortable in dating her. What do you guys think?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would say no. The mental and physical maturity gap is huge. I agree that he would feel uncomfortable in public with her so dating isint his intention.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Love comes in any shapes and forms, But if it's obvious the guy is way more experienced than your young friend - yeah - it's about the sex.. ofc if 2 people like each other and want it.. maybe your problem is being jealous..

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 3

• Even if the age gap isn’t huge, the mental maturity is. She is not really an adult but he is and since she is still maturing and growing mentally as a person, I’d say it’s a bad idea

0|0
    0|0
  • She’s still a minor but still mature enough to make her own decisins. But she still has to be very careful though

0|0
    0|0
  • Age gap isn't that bad it's just off to me when grown adults date kids who are still in high school

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• Have to ask your self why is he not dating anyone his age? Kinda red flag? Is he not emotionally mature or purposefully going after younger girls?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes its fine, as mentioned before, mental maturity plays a huge roll though.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes