Should a couple spend equally the same amount of money on eachother?

I mean gifts, gas, rent, food, dinner date, anything. Is it bad when a girl spends more? Is it bad when the wealthier one does not spend nearly as much as their partner. What should be each ones responsibilites. Is it not their partners fault if they recieve unasked for expensive gifts or should be expected to return the favor?
  • Rich should spend more than poor
    Vote A
  • Same no matter what class
    Vote B
  • Poor should spend more so rich stays rich
    Vote C
  • Poor and rich people shouldn't date
    Vote D
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It should be a two way street but obviously if one is much wealthier it's easier for them to spend extra money.

2|0
    0|0
    • As far as gifts go that is completely up to the giver and the giver should never expect something in return.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• I think it's just something you should discuss as a couple and see what works best for both. some prefer to split others prefer that one person pays the bills. I personally think splitting is the best way to go, even if it's just to avoid the "but I pay the rent" argument.

1|0
    0|0
  • When living with my ex we did it like this. I paid for the grocery store food. We paid 50/50 for the apartment bill. She paid for the gas for the car. Going out times, I paid sometimes, she paid sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the man should spend more than the girl, on the other hand it depends about their relationship

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd say percentage has off income. If I spend 10% of my money on. gifts and I make 100,000 more than you I don't expect 30% of your salary as a gift lol

0|0
    0|0
  • I think... the one who is rich... should take that responsibility

1|0
    0|0
  • If they earn the same money then definetly yes!

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think there's any obligation to spend equal amounts of money, if the other partner clearly has more capita and wants to spend more. But the richer one isn't obligated to spend more either, if they don't want to.

We have that situation where I make more money than my boyfriend. He is usually bothered that I spend more money on him than he dies in me, but I just get a good feeling taking him out to dinner and getting him nice gifts. I don't expect him to match my spending in any way.

I think it's a matter of discussion. Partners need to be clear on what each us comfortable with and act accordingly. It's setting the rules like in other aspects of the relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think it matters. You do what you can ya know?

0|0
    0|0
  • Same

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes