Is my height intimidating to guys?

I feel like boys get intimidated by my height because they won't approach me. They will stare and stare. The boys at my school aren't very tall, like what I'm used at my old school. There's only one tall guy in my school and he's maybe 6'2 or 3 (not very tall as the boys at my old school). Okay, I'm 16 and I'm 5'9. I'm nice and reeeaallyyy easy going and I'm very pretty. I have a beautiful personality too. I also play basketball and volleyball. My friend told me they probably think I'm mean (I have a real serious, boujee and superior facial expressions at times. When I'm not smiling). Maybe that can be the solution... But, I'm always smiling and always laughing... Help

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• At your age, a lot of guys are going to be shorter than you. Your growth spurt is almost surely over, but the guys will keep getting taller. So that awkwardness will level out with time. Keep in mind that while you're 5' 9" and tall, it's not like you're THAT tall. You have a beautiful and attractive height, just as the many models and sports and music stars that are even taller. (Maria Sharapova, Taylor Swift) For the guys right now who are shorter than you are, you might be a little intimidating to them because of their own insecurity. But soon enough your height will be seen as a gift and something that's very attractive.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Well, I have troubles walkin up to women in general and especially if they are super-cute. That you are slightly below my height probably wouldn't even register much.

0|0
    0|0
  • You're tallish for a girl, yeah, but it's not about "intimidating," no. It's either a guy is attracted to you with your particular height, or he isn't. Intimidation has nothing to do with it.

You'll find someone who likes it, maybe several someones. Good luck out there.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah, 5'9 isn't that tall. I know a girl who is at least 6'5, and that is a real issue for her. But you aren't that tall, and at your age boys are still growing so it will be less of a problem as time goes by.

0|0
    0|0
  • it could be a factor, especially if the guy isn't tall then they might think you would reject them which I guess is intimidating

0|0
    0|0
  • Being a talk girl is the same aq being a small guy , you just have to meet the right people. But still height wouldn't stop me from aproaching someone I like

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think your height is intimidating at all.
    How tall were the guys at your old school?

0|0
    0|0
  • If they're under 5'9 and narrow minded yes otherwise i think not.

0|0
    0|0
  • I say just be you. Im pretty sure the guys at your school see how beautiful you are.

0|0
    0|0
  • To some men yes

0|0
    0|0
  • Yup that is

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes