What does it mean when a guy says "when are we going to be official"?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• As a shy dude to me this sounds like he’s scared to really commit to saying “let’s be bf/gf I want us to be together.” So instead he says a noncommittal thing such as “when are we gonna be official?” So he can back out and pretend as if it doesn’t hurt him in case you say no.

Bless his heart. Give the guy a break he wants to be with you.

0|1
    0|0
    • Or also if he's anything like i used to be, he doesn't know what he wants in a lady and is just "dating" because thats just what everybody does but he knows he likes sex and he's like "girls like relationships or whatever"
      I think he's trying to make you happy thinking thatll make him happy but it won't make him happy but maybe a relationship with him will do both of you good and you can learn a little

• Show All
    • @Dyedhalo1 i mean i dont understand why he is going soooo fast.

• @Dyedhalo1 yah if i talk to him, ill tell him that he surprised me.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 15

• He's feeling you out to see how seriously you take him, but this doesn't necessarily mean that he takes you seriously. I believe that if a guy wants to be serious with a girl, he'll make obvious, outward moves to build a strong relationship, not throw out ambiguous and potentially manipulative statements.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's tugging your chain, hoping that you might be in step with that idea "toe in the water" test, then also hoping it's such a great idea, you'll do all the planning work that will please him as he sits and watches like a king.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm going to guess he's probably shy and maybe afraid you don't feel the same way about him. Her probably wants to date you and is worried about being rejected.

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants to be able to brag about you, knowing you'lle say yes if anybody asks if he's your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Im no expert but it seems to me, he's wondering how many marshmallows you can fit in your mouth all at once

0|0
    0|0
  • When will ye tell everyone ye are in a relationship and only be with each Other.

0|0
    0|0
  • He can't wait to tell the world that he is dating you.. take it as a compliment

0|0
    0|0
  • Like let every one know your together or possibly to have sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Officially together so everyone knows u are together

0|0
    0|0
  • Is this a rhetorical question?

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys