Pretty sure I'm cursed when it comes to dating, what do you think I should do?

Anonymous
So I'm 22.5 years old, finishing my Master's in May (currently job hunting). I'm home for two more weeks and have been on and off of dating sites these past few months. I had one "relationship" in high school that lasted a few months, other than that it's been a lot of one month things where the girl has ghosted me for no apparent reason. Online dating hasn't been great, but that's to be expected. Swipe on a ton of girls and only match with unattractive ones. When I do meet people who seem cool, the relationship seems to go well then ends without warning. Same thing when I meet people in person. The attractive girls give me the "as if" look and when I do grow balls I just get rejected or the girl gives me some kind of excuse. Met one girl on my trip to Australia for a project, we became really close after a few months of working together, and we went out for drinks together a few times. Got back to the US and she blew me off on a dinner date.

Anyway, I just downloaded POF and one amazingly attractive girl apparently "viewed my profile" which is a feature you have on there, and for some reason it won't let me message her. Since I first made my profile a while ago but never went on it I can't lie about my age, and apparently I can't message her since I'm 22 and not 21 (she only allows people between 18 and 21 to message her which is just a classic). Of course she's beautiful and only lives 15 minutes away, just my luck. Maybe I'll make another profile just to message her for the hell of it. Who knows. All I know is after this I'm focusing on making as much money as possible so that when I'm in my 40s I'll have enough money saved up to go on trips I've always dreamed of (Pebble Beach in California, TPC Sawgrass, Ireland, etc). Dating is NOT my thing as much as I want to vibe with someone I find beautiful.
+1 y
Edit: I said I can't lie about my age but meant that I can't change it to 21 from 22. I would have no other reason to lie about it than to try to message the girl
2
4