Would you date someone who doesn't want a relationship with you?

A guy at work wants to date me but I turned him down. He was honest and said he didn't want to be in a relationship because he couldn't handle commitment or expectations. He's also made it very clear that he's sexually attracted to me.

He thinks it's crazy I'll give assholes a try (yes, I go for the a-holes) but will pass him up just because he doesn't want a relationship. Why would I waste time with someone who already stated they don't want a relationship, just sex? Sure, assholes suck but they aren't telling me that in the beginning so I have no reason to hold something against them until I learn about their true nature.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ok so he's an asshole. To then.. i think you should give it a try.. but your terms. Two dinners out the third date you'll have sex but only if he makes it all about you and not letting this get on get off and Say Goodbye he has to make it all about ,,, starting with four play do the tip of the tongue and so slow motion and he has to be able to take you all the way there because that's basically what he's saying he can do , so make him earn it, in the long run he will respect you more and you never know what happens in life

0|0
    0|0
    • Thank you for best answer.. so did u go on a date. How did it turn out

• Show All
    • Wow really.. you either must absolutely gorgeous and. Or. your eye must be so beautiful that people can see and feel everything your thinking, because it sounds like you scared him LOL

• Lol I don't think I'm gorgeous. I've seen gorgeous women. I don't know what it is.

Most Helpful Girl

• This is exactly what happened to me last month. I stoped talking to him because I don't see a point in going on dates if he doesn't want anything more

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• yeah why not xD i mean at least they are honest and maybe there's some fun to be had :P also you never know how things develop.

0|1
    0|0
    • Lol always believe a person the first time. Hoping for something is how you get hurt.

• I didn't say hoping for something. I said look where things go xD

• Guys aren't that obsessed with relationships

• Assholes are generally assholes because they don't tell you the truth in the beginning. They act like they want to date, then run around with other girls, or treat you like shit cause they're stuck not being able to face the reality and leave you for both your sakes. At least this guy is being upfront. I think if you find him attractive what's the harm? Although, sleeping with people you work with never ends well in my experience.

0|0
    0|0
    • I don't see the point in dating someone and it's not going anywhere.

• And that's your choice absolutely and completely okay. If he doesn't respect that then you should take further action. I'm just saying it's not a bad thing he's up front about it. Also, and I'm not saying this is typical, but my girl and I met 10 years ago next April. We just wanted to get it, haha. We've been inseparable since.

• Lol well, you and your girl are the exception and I'm happy for you. l he already told me he doesn't want a reelationship and I learned the hard way that you should listen to someone the first time, because that's when they mean it

• He's got a point. You let yourself get played but when he's real about what's poppin you're just like nope

0|0
    0|0
  • nope, if there is no future what is the point? sex to me is sacred between committed partners.

1|0
    0|0
  • So you would rather get lead on than the guy just be straight up with you?

0|0
    0|0
    • No, I appreciate him telling the truth. I don't have to waste time trying to figure it out like with other guys.

• hoe can you date someone who doesn't want a relationship, makes no sense.

0|0
    0|0
    • But what would be the point?

• Noooooooooooooo

0|0
    0|0
  • Don’t date him or the assholes.

0|0
    0|1
  • yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes..

0|0
    0|0
  • The only mistake this guy made was taking anything you said seriously.

0|0
    0|0
  • Women are all like that, at least in my experience. All they seem to want is to leech off of me. I could be anyone else with status and a wallet.

I've never met one that could understand my dreams or had any sense of adventure.

Most are to dumb to even try sharing my interests with ffs. Makes me wish I were gay or asexual.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

Recommended myTakes