Is it okay for people in a serious relationship to lie to each other about their past and exes?

I've been with my boyfriend for almost a year and throughout we have been really honest and open but lately I feel like he's hiding stuff. What should I do?

710

Most Helpful Guy

• No. Just because he's hiding the truth, it doesn't necessarily mean that he lied. He would have to come clean if he did, though, because the implications of that develop uncontrollably overtime.

You don't have to remember anything as long as you're telling the truth.

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Because it shows that person not only distrust you but doesn't care about you and take you seriously. Unless they expect a sexless relationship, most people have sex in dating. Which I don't even agree with premarital sex anyway for those reasons as well. If he is hiding that information from you, don't even think about having sex with him. You should have already known all of this way before it became official. Lying is never okay unless you liek dating liars. The real question is have you been completely honest with him about your sexual past if you have any? You can't expect him to be open and honest if you haven't. Now if you did and he still didn't, something is not right.

• I have told him everything but I don't think he's doing the same

• Then why are you dating such a person? This is something you should have thought about. It doesn't mateer if your together or not, until or unless your mrried it's all fair game. there's no rules where she has to step off. You don't own each other or have that authority to say so. He got involved with her, he has to deal with the problem. But as long as your dating him, you will have to deal with it as well or move on. That's all I can tell you.