Do you think it's okay to date one of your friend's exs?

No, I'm not in a situation like this, but do you think it's okay to do that or not? And why?
  • Hell NO
  • Yes
  • Depends on the relationship I have with the friend
    Vote C

53

Most Helpful Guy

• I would consult the friend before I made any definitive moves on the girl. I care about the girl, but I also respect my friend, and would want to talk things out with them instead of just blindside them later with it.

That said, I'm not necessarily asking them for their permission to date the girl (he signed off his right to her when they broke up), but your friendship will be much less affected if you have their blessing to pursue her than if they're openly opposed to it. Just be respectful to them about it, and they should return the courtesy and be respectful to you desiring to pursue her.

Most Helpful Girl

• If the friend is okay with it, then yes. I don't see a situation like that to be likely, though.