Do I have a right to be mad?

I was nice enough to say my boyfriend can spend New Years eve and day with his Family since he slept over then I look on his phone and lied to me and claimed he was going to his parents but actually going to a party. He said he knew I would want him on New Years that’s why he didn’t tell me

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• May I point out how you worded your question. You made it sound like you generously gave him permission to spend a holiday with his family. Why would he need permission? I'm not going to use it as justification for his dishonesty, but that seemed very controlling. Just sayin...

0|0
    0|0
    • Most men spend time with there girl on New Years so why lie

• I don't disagree that it was wrong of him to lie. And that wasn't the point I was making. Again, I'm pointing out how you worded your question. It was phrased in a way that makes me think you're very controlling in the relationship. I'm just making an assumption and I apologize if I'm wrong. However if there's some truth to that, that might be another thing to add to the list of problems within your relationship. Again, just sayin...

Most Helpful Girl

• He probably feels the need to lie to you because you are very controlling. ( I let him spend time with his family)

1|2
    0|0
    • I’m not though. If I was controlling I wouldn’t of offered to let him see his family. Why he has to lie about a party.

• Let him see his family? Sounds like a prison. Watch it or you'll be single

• Thanks for the MHO

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Mad? This relationship is over, or it should be. He's not much of a boyfriend if he would prefer to be with others for New Year's Eve. Worse, he lied about it. He's made it clear that you are just something for him to do when he doesn't have a better option. DTMFA.

1|1
    0|0
  • You have the right to as he lied, he should always be honest. Best way to handle it tho is just saying it is fine if he wants to go to a party but he at least should be honest about it. That way you show you are mature and you don't claim him but that you expect honesty in return

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like an unhealthy relationship. You looked through his phone. No trust there... he lied to you... No trust there either. Relationships are built on trust. Also the fact you have to let him do stuff and he has to lie to do what he wants just sounds like it's not right. My outside opinion is to sack it off. However I know it's probably not that easy. I'm terrible and making the right decision when it comes to my own life

1|0
    0|0
  • If he said to you that he wanted to go to the party, how you would have reacted?
    I am nit saying he is right
    Some times men lie about that because they are afraid to get into an argument about that.
    If it happent to me and i knew that she would be disapointed to know that i prefer to spen new years eve in my friends rather with her i could lie in order for not to disapoint her

0|0
    0|0
  • I think you should, he basically preferred spending his new year's at a party than with you, I mean he could've invited at least.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would not be mad. That would just make you upset but telling a bold face lie doesn't instill a sense of trust.

0|0
    0|0
  • U have the right to falcon punch his gut

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like both of you have issues. He shouldn't have lied about going to a party. You have trust issues. This relationship should end because it will never get better.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, you do have the right to be mad, but it sounds like you took his phone without it being ok, and if thats the case he also has the right to be mad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Let him? If he wants to see his family, he can wether or not you "let him".

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• So he has to ask your permission to do anything then, is that right?
    How nice of you to give your consent that he could spend New Years eve without you, even though it sounds like the two of you are joined at the hip.
    I do feel rather sorry for your boyfriend what with you wearing the trousers.
    It also serves you right in getting your a** bitten whilst looking through his phone, again no damn trust on your part.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep. U have all the right to be mad. Even if it's a party, he shouldn't have lied to you, but should have invited you to go together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes