Virgin at 24, is it a massive turn off?

So I'm a 24y/o guy from the UK, fairly active in outdoor persuits, good career prospects (aerospace), but for whatever reason I've never really been in the right environment for meeting someone. Engineering is almost all male, I didn't like clubbing at uni and all my housemates were male, my hobbies don't lend well to socialising either...

How do I even start finding someone? If I say I've never been with a girl before are they gonna' run for the hills thinking there's something wrong they've not found yet?

Ladies please, I'm a bit lost here :P

3