Girls, Ladies: Is hitting on a woman while she is doing her job really so inappropriate?

I work in sales, so I interact with beautiful women occasionally. For the sake of staying professional and keeping my job, I don't entertain the idea of hitting on women who come into my store. However, I come across women I would like to get to know better frequently. But they are receptionists, cashiers etc. Is there a proper way to go about asking them on a date? Is it creepy?

3

Most Helpful Girl

• It isn't always inappropriate, but it should be really restrained until or unless she shows any interest back.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • So you think if I were to simply ask if someone wanted to get a drink or coffee sometime and leave it at that, it would be ok? Or would they feel awkward the next time I came in? Part of the problem is since they are working with the public they are generally nice, so picking up signs can be difficult. Should I wait to see if they do or say something super obvious?

• Depends on the situation, but probably okay.

• Ok thanks for your input :)