Besides confidence what do girls like in a guy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Big ones for me: Someone who is Chivalrous!!!, Intelligence, personality (their personality clicks with mine), generous! Etc etc

It feels like it is a lot easier to list what I don’t look for in a guy atm haha!!

0|0
    0|0
    • So why dont you list what you dont like? XD

• Personality always is the big determining factor for me over looks. If a guy is obnoxious, or snobby, self absorbed, easily lead or misleading, manipulative, dishonest, judgmental, or has low-self esteem, he doesn’t stand a chance.
      Guys who have an old fashioned gentleman quality about them, win me over every time compared to someone with just great looks or who has any of the traits above. Hope that helps! :)

Most Helpful Guy

• According to science the average woman likes these traits, although this monolithic "average woman" doesn't really exist and many women will differ significantly on several or more points, or be willing to "settle" for less than their ideal as well:

Broad forehead, strong jaw, symmetrical features, large hands/arms, muscular and firm butt, skeletal symmetry, masculinity, social status, physical size and bearing, a level of intelligence similar to their own, the Dark Triad of personality traits (narcissism, psychopathy and Machiavellianism/manipulativeness), capital and other resources, deepness of voice, facial hair, "aloofness", being overweight (not obese though), low neuroticism, high extraversion, low agreeableness (sounds counter-intuitive, but someone with high agreeableness tends to be a push-over or people-pleaser) and low expressiveness, which points toward several unpleasant traits such as poor emotional, inability to connect with others and poor empathy.

Some of these are cultural traits; e. g. low expressiveness, high extraversion, facial hair. Some are biological imperatives for survival; e. g. skeletal symmetry, physical size, social status. Some are universal, but affected by culture, like "masculinity" which means different things in different societies, but generally prescribes how a man should act. Or the Dark Triad, which is more prevalent in capitalist, "everyone for themselves!" countries like the US and UK, and less prevalent in the more social countries and countries where women have more rights, like the Nordic Countries or China (generally more of a group effort, even without the communism, just because of the heavily familial culture).

And for the general population in the West (intelligent and more highly educated women are excluded, as are women from other cultures) a high degree of individuality combined with a lack of guilt, self-awareness and shame either due to poor morals or a lack of intelligence, most likely both. This is what most people refer to as your "confidence", and it's also seen as desirable in women. Such is life in the Land of Opportunism.

0|3
    0|0
    • Very intelligent post. I agree with most of your points except for your third paragraph. The lack of guilt isn't related to intelligence. It depends on how much empathy a individual has. Empathy is a requirement for love. Some individuals are incapable of loving others. This doesn't make them any less intelligent. I think you are correlating lack of intelligence with traits you dislike. That's not accurate and a bias on your end.

• Show All
    • @GracefulCharm False, because when you first responded to my thread, I hadn't made that link (which I'm still not convinced is totally invalid). And I was informing you that my theory that low IQ/EQ and empathy being related was based on more than a "bias on my end". I remain unconvinced of your theory that they are unrelated, since you have failed to produce anything more than your word.

• What i wrote was to point out a error in your theory which you used a study that was flawed to prove your theory. We can agree to disagree. I personally don't believe intelligence has any relation to psychopathic disorders or personalities. I've met intelligent empathetic caring individuals and intelligent psychopaths. Intelligence can be a difficult thing to measure but the one thing that you cannot deny is results. You can find successful individuals with both personality types.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• I look for intelligence and emotional support. As an example I was interested in two guys in my class this year - one guy tried to make me feel better about finishing the class with an A- and the other guy tried to make me feel worse cause he was jealous I got such a high grade when I wasn't even doing 1/10th the amount of work he was doing in the class. Now I have the nice one stuck in my head.

1|0
    0|0
  • A guy has to make me laugh and I just want to put out there that money is not a reason to give up on a bloke

1|0
    0|0
  • Humility -
    In the sense that he doesn't talk down to others , or look down on people who are less fortunate than himself

Being open and honest about himself, his life and feelings.

Loving and affectionate

0|0
    0|0
  • Great personality, Understanding and loves me for being me

0|1
    0|0
    • What about if a guy has trouble understanding a girl'sbehavior.. still struggles to make her happy and comfurt her... comment please

• I would try to explain my behavior to the best of my ability

• How they treat people, for me that goes a long way. The way they talk, act, if they smile at a perfect stranger, etc... And so the so character

1|0
    0|0
  • Humour, kindness, good manners, being respectful, and thoughtful :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Funny and smart are huge for me, but id be happy with one or the other

0|1
    0|0
  • I sense of humor, honest got hobbies show me he be dedicated.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like a guy who is funny, respectful and kind to others. Plus, a good body doesn't hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • I like guys who support my decisions and treat me well. Emotional support really goes a long way

0|0
    0|0
    • So its EMPATHY for you.. Right? What about taking control of situations and Problem solving in your case?

• Show All
    • I dont mean anything... im asking a question here providing a situation..

• And secondly taking contol of situation here mean... if they like to handle difficult situations and are good at comforting others by solving their problems by taking issues in their own hands

• Humble, Passionate, Caring, Honesty, loyalty, loving, committed

0|0
    0|0
    • Also a guy that is kind to other around him, positive, and fun to be around

• Understanding and respectful are just two of the things

0|0
    0|0
  • A good body. Duhh lol

0|3
    0|0
    • Only you replied in genuine.

• Lol well the other stuff is obviously important, but if i dont know the dude i obvioulsy go for what attracts me first to meet him

• Fun to be around.

0|0
    0|0
  • Humor, kindness and intelligence

0|0
    0|0
  • Honesty

0|0
    0|0
  • determination, honest, intelligence, humor

0|1
    0|0
  • Smart, funny. Most importantly need to feel safe with him.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• Sincerity. Showing a genuine appreciation for them, for their interests and not just their appearance. Girls feel they can trust a sincere person. If you're just looking to pick up chicks it may or may not help but if you want a real relationship... Sincerity is a must.

3|0
    0|0
  • All the girls so far are using words like 'honest', 'respectful'

I think while those things are good, girls actually go for someone that is physically attractive, is amazing in bed, is a little bit of an asshole or at least a bit cheeky, has a sense of adventure and actually does fun exciting things in their life. ...

Then they go and tell their parents what their boyfriend is like - honest, respectful... :D

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol.

(1) A fit body between no less than 165 lbs and no more than 200 lbs (yes, being able to bench too much is actually a turn off!)
    (2) Social status - perhaps in the form of lots of friends, popularity, or perhaps lots of connections
    (3) An education. Men without educations fare poorly in today's dating market.
    (4) Money, yes money. It isn't a deal breaker but money will benefit any man no matter the woman. Even if the money isn't being spent on her, women gravitate towards men who even hold lots of money.

0|1
    0|0
  • Look, wallet, style, haircut, the way you look at her

0|0
    2|0
  • The size of his wallet

0|0
    3|0
  • Big dicks. I never bought any of that black guys are bigger crap until my junior year in college. I lived in the dorms with two roommates, David and John. David was a pretty ordinary looking guy, kinda quiet - but John was black, tall, lean, muscular and (according to him anyway) was hung like a bull. He used to joke about it a lot - even around my girlfriend, Amy. Amy was a sophomore and was petite, shy and somewhat quiet. I didn't like it when John would make his "big dick" comments and jokes around Amy, but she told me she didn't pay any attention to him and truth be told, she really couldn't stand John.
    I have a 5.5" dick and with Amy being so petite, it always seemed to do the trick. I was only the third guy she'd ever been with and only her second boyfriend - maybe my guard was just down but who knows.
    Anyway, one Friday night, Amy and I were hanging out in my dorm room drinking, smoking some weed and watching TV. David and John had both gone home for the weekend - or so we thought. At about 1AM (Amy and I were pretty toasted by then), John walked in. He'd ended up hanging out with some of his friends off campus and had decided to just drive home in the morning since his parents only lived about an hour and a half away.
    He could see that Amy and I were both pretty hammered. He grabbed a beer and sat down and we smoked some more weed with him. Amy was pretty drunk and started giving John ****. John seemed to get a kick out of it and I could see him kinda flirting with Amy. Then I noticed (and hoped that Amy wouldn't) that John wasn't wearing any underwear.
    But Amy started massaging my dick through my jeans and being so ****ed up, I just laid my head back and enjoyed it - I couldn't believe she was doing that right in front of John! I heard John get up to pass Amy the joint we were smoking and I heard her gasp, long and deep and she suddenly stopped stroking my dick. I opened my eyes and saw John standing righ tin front of Amy with a HUGE ****ing bulge in his pants - just inches from her face. The room was so quiet you could have heard a pin drop.
    He just stood there and I could feel her hand tremble and hear her breathing quicken. when she slowly looked up at him, almost in awe and respect, I could feel my heart start to pound in my chest. Then she softly whispered "ohhhhhhhhhhh" as she gingerly reached up to brush her finger tips across that massive knot in his pants.

0|0
    0|0
    • When she touched it, it throbbed - **** I could see it throb thorugh his pants - Amy just gasped again and looked up at him.
      "What?" John asked her and just kinda laughed. Amy did NOT laugh. Instead, she softly asked "can i see it?" John stopped laughing, looked at her very seriously and told her to take it out. Amy never even hesitated - or looked back at me for an "OK" - just just obeyed him and began to open his jeans. I could see her nipples rock hard under her t-shirt and I could tell she was practically panting.
      She opened his jeans and his big thick black dick just fell out... and he had NOT been kidding. That cock was strong, thick, heavy and muscular. The head was a big purple mushroom that sat on top of the thickest shaft i'd ever seen. He was semi-hard and was HUGE compared to me. Amy just gasped and kept whispering "ohmygod.. ohmygod... ohmygod". When she wrapped her hand around it, her brow just knotted in disbelief and she almost laughed at how thick he was...

• Show All
    • .. they ****ed again but when I wasn't around, Amy pretended she was out with friends or other stuff, I had to console her after he got bored with her, Amy never told me why she was upset but I knew. Amy and I dated for about another year before we finally broke up. I always wondered if she ended up with him or some other black guy with a big dick.
      But one thing I know for sure - she NEVER ****ed me like she did John and the things she said about John - the way she looked at him - and the way she was around him after that night (almost shy and meek) convinced me that a big dick makes a difference.
      Amy told me that she "HAD to respect him" even if she didn't like him... and that she almost felt like he "had a right to her". Do thats why is never marry a woman who's had big dicks or has slept around, a husband shouldn't have to compete with his wife's previous lovers or dread the day when she cheats with some well hung stud.

• Have you considered writing bad romance novels?

• Dillions - millions of dollars.

0|0
    0|0
  • A good hard dense long"DICK".

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes