Did he lose interest?

I started talking to this guy on Tinder a couple of weeks ago and we’ve pretty much texted all day most days since then. We hung out once a couple days after matching but I’ve been out of town since then and won’t be back for another week so we haven’t hung out again. I did try to make plans again before leaving but he cancelled because a friend of his was coming to town. I figured this wasn’t a bad sign since we continued to text and he seems interested. A few days ago he asked when I would be getting back to town and I told him next week and we made loose plans (no specific day but it’s come up a couple times) to hang out when I’m back. But two days ago he stopped texting me. I tried initiating it and all I got was a “haha” and then he didn’t respond to my next text. And when I asked if everything was alright (because usually he doesn’t go all day without responding) he said he was just busy.

I’ve been blown off by a guy before with this same excuse but I didn’t realize it at the time. I just don’t want to make that mistake again, but I’m also worried that I’m just overthinking things. My theory is he’s probably seeing other girls on Tinder (I did notice his bio and pictures getting changed) so maybe he met someone he likes better than me? Any insight would be great, thanks.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 1

• Technically he's in a dating phase, so yes he's probably dating other girls too. I can't say if he's lost interest, but its possible he's keeping his options open. Play it cool. Keep contacting him for a couple days. But don't take things too seriously. Big part of the dating game is everyone is a potential fling until its established you're exclusive

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m okay that its not exclusive because I’ve been talking to other guys too. I just really felt a connection with this guy and I would hate to miss my shot. Would it be smart to just let him contact me first (if at all) until I’m back in town and can actually go on dates? Haha

• Well if you stop contacting him back, you might make him feel the same concern that the moved on (which you don't want because then both of you will be ghosting). If you only contact him when you're in town, that doesn't look promising. If I were you, I'd simply put out there, "hey, I miss chatting with you. Hope your not too busy for a phone call later." See if maybe he can commit to something? Give you a little reassurance?

Recommended myTakes