Girls, how do you reject an interested guy?

Either in general or whatever you say specifically.

Let's say it's a mediocre looking guy because let's be honest, no one acts saintly to a 1/10 ugly person.

How attractive do you perceive yourself to be? Because I'm pretty sure a 10/10 looking girl will reject a 6/10 looking guy much worse than a 7/10 girl would

Do you do it differently over text or the internet ( ncluding internet dating too)?Girls, how do you reject an interested guy??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, first of all, I wouldn't tailor my rejection based on their appearance, I would tailor it based on our relationship prior to their confession of interest.

For example, if they were a close friend of mine, I would say something like, "I'm sorry, [their name]. I don't have any romantic feelings towards you. I like and care about you, but my feelings towards you are platonic."

If it's some stranger who's approached me while I'm out 'n about, I'd say something like, "I'm sorry, I'm not interested." I would never give out personal contact information to a stranger, regardless of their appearance or how they approached me.

If it's an acquaintance (i. e., someone I've met through work or school or other friends), I'd say, "I'm sorry, I don't know you well enough. Please don't take this the wrong way, but I don't like to get to know people through dating. I'd prefer us to be friends first." (I'd say this, of course, if I genuinely meant it-- if I didn't know the person, but wanted to give them a chance. If I knew off the bat that I didn't like them (e. g., they were rude or their personality didn't click with mine), then I'd respond similarly to how I'd reject a stranger.)

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• They say "It's not you, it's me. I don't want to lose you as a friend though". Roughly translated this means, "I just puked in my mouth a bit and would rather hook up with Donald Trump than you".

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• I reject a guy by complimenting him and telling he is important and special and attractive too but I'm just not in a good place in my life to date at the moment.

2|0
    0|0
  • If im not at all interested and its a hell no, ill be rather short with them and not keep the conversation going. If im interested for a bit but then realize that the guys not right for me, ill tell him.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not true at all otherwise why do we see top supermodels with little dorky business men lol. I know its bad but I have always gone for guys less better looking than myself as they are much kinder people. These hot af blokes are usually masoganistic people that think women should fall at their feet. And no girl wants that

0|0
    0|0
    • Don't be so quick to call guys misogynist. They may just be coming off wrong or just be super desperate after failed romances that they have unrealistic hopes for the future.

• I normally just stop responding to their texts... so in a way i ghost them. In person i flat out reject the dude if he is a stranger. If he's a friend, classmate, acquaintance or something I'll try to reject him in the nicest way possible without being direct.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can be anything from a 4/10 to 8-9/10 depending on the person lol. I never judge anyone by looks. I've been with two guys, one of them was like 5-6/10 but the other one was 10/10 and for both of them looks mattered the least for me lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually reject them through text. I see myself as a 2/10 but I do attract a lot of male attention, So I find myself rejecting one every month or two. :(

0|0
    0|0
  • I perceive myself quite good-looking, but can't really rate it on a scale. I'm just happy with the way I look.

I'm interpreting your question like how I would behave towards guys approaching me while i'm out. As long as they're respectful, I'd give every guy a chance to at least introduce himself... They have the courage to approach a random girl so I always reward them by acting nice. Immediately rejecting them is too harsh.

My main factors that make me interested are, in order: respect, intelligence, humor and then looks. Because I would lie if looks weren't a criterium. But honestly when a guy isn't good looking but he made me laugh like hell and treated me with respect, I could just not reject him

0|1
    0|0
  • Bitches generally don't place too much emphasis on looks, even though everyone is attracted to attractiveness.

I, on the other hand, can't date any more uglies, it's bad for my health. But the real reason men get rejected, is because he's creepy or has bad intentions and she can sense it.

Also sometimes chemistry don't mesh, I've rejected hot guys because something about him was off, years later I was right, a fucking asshole, he married an ugly woman because to be honest only she will put up with it, because she's grateful. I never liked his aura.

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell them the truth that I am not interested and hope they move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, whichever. Depends on my mood but preferably over the internet

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell him to fuck off.

0|0
    1|0
    • Fair enough, though pretty mean. It's not an easy thing to just walk up to you and try/fail to flirt. If timid but good guys hear that you reject like that, you may just end up shrinking the number of guys you have to choose from.

• Depends on the situation.

0|0
    0|0
  • I just slowly drift into the oblivion, you know? I just ghost. Like if we were buddies and he starts being waaaaay too obvious that he likes me I'll ghost. I will STRAIGHT up ghost. I will ghost before he can even confess. That's how to avoid awkward confessions.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not all about looks; some may perceive me very hot but I think I'm quite plain looking. I usually just say that I want to focus on myself at the moment and can not have any love interest in my life as of date.

0|0
    0|0
  • Honestly, I’ve dated ugly af guys and a hot guys and I consider myself to be a decently attractive person. It’s he personality for me really

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 1

Recommended myTakes