Is he using me for sex?

I have been dating this guy for a total of 6 months. We dated for four months, ended it. And are now back together. The first time we were talking I kind of knew he only wanted sex because he told me he wasn't ready for a committed relationship. So I had the talk with him that I was more than friends with benefits. I guess it scared him off. About two months later he texted me telling me he made a mistake about saying he wants to see other people and that he wants to put effort into me. He takes me out to dinner once a week, bought be Christmas presents and our sex is really good.
The only thing I'm concerned about is if he came back because the sex is good or if he actually likes me because of the effort he puts in. I want to be able to just enjoy what we have now, but its on the back of my mind constantly and is always nagging me. Should I ask him if we are exclusive? Or does it seem like maybe he just came back for the sex?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The way to figure out whether a man is just using you for sex or not, is as follows. If all you have to offer is sex and he is with you, then he's using you for sex.

If you bring a lot to the table, are really interesting, have spent many years of your life developing depth, personality, wit, and people can learn a lot just from talking to you, then he's with you because you are interesting, have a great personality, have depth, and are attractive.

However, those that are the latter, are unlikely to ask such a question in the first place...

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I think he came back because you're willing to give him sex.
    Dinner and presents mean nothing.
    Does he treat you right?
    Does he stay in touch with you everyday?
    Has he mentioned you in his future?
    Does he introduce you to his family and friends?
    Etc etc

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• If you have the feeling he just wants sex then you are probably right. When it comes to relationships, your worst fears are usually true, unless there is a seriously strong bond. 6 months is not long at all. If you haven't had a conversation about being exclusive, you probably aren't, because when a guy is being exclusive he generally demands the same in return. Bring it up.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you have a doubt then you should ask him tbh
    It's not right if he's using you and guys can be such assholes about everything
    Try not to have sex with him until your doubt is clear !

0|0
    0|0
  • Sounds like just for sex but probably stop the sex for a while and then see

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it’s just sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Do you two had it before?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• Just the sex, he seems like he isn't worth it and is only using you.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes