How old till you’d let your daughter date?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I dunno, I guess there's never an age where I'd 'let her', I'd just be most comfortable if she didn't start til about 15/16. I started at 15 and we're still together so I know dating that young can lead to a lot of happiness and work out quite well, but I'd still be a little concerned she was emotionally prepared... But at 16, she's a consenting adult so it's really none of my business then anyway

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• It's her life and her relationships. When she feels old enough to date, she should be aloud. Age is just a number, after all. If she's involved with abuse or drugs because of a particular guy, then you're right to get involved. But otherwise, it's her relationship and her choice.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 15

• she can date when she's 50.

1|1
    0|1
  • I would discourage my daughter from dating unless she believes that she is ola/mature/prepared enough to marry lol.

I know that I will never be able to control it, and she might as well date at 11 without even my knowledge. I myself dated twice already and my family knows nothing about it. I'll make sure I raise my daughter to learn about relationships from an early age and learns how to deal with abusive relationshipso if she somehow ends up in one. Just to ensure her safety, you see.

0|0
    0|0
  • After high school. They were all useless relationships and a waste of time. I need my kid with a good gpa and lots of friends she'll have to take to college hopefully.

0|0
    0|1
  • My daughter will be gay, so men shouldn't get their hopes up. She can have a girlfriend when she gets to eighteen.

0|0
    2|0
  • I wouldn’t let a Dad date his daughter unless the daughter is at least 18

0|0
    2|0
  • I don’t know honestly
    I have no idea if I will even have kids

0|0
    0|0
  • My first boyfriend was in 7th grade. So I'd say then. Depends on the kid tho and how adventurous and rebel they seem. I was a good girl. I didn't even hold hands with that boyfriend for the 3 months we dated. lol.
    (and yet, it was the most real relationship I've had... figures. lol)
    Plus its better to know heartbreak younger anyway, makes it easier when its a serious relationship.
    If theyre more likely to have sex, than a monitored relationship maybe? stoping love from forming usually ends in rebelling and secret relatinships.

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 or older

0|1
    0|1
  • Around 12

0|1
    0|0
  • 16... I feel like she's be emotional ready then

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

1|0
    0|0
  • I would let my daughter date at 16.

0|1
    0|0
  • Whatever age she is when she moves out.

0|0
    1|0
  • 16 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Ah like 13 or so but tbh you can't control your kids. My parents always said not till I was 16 but I had like 4 S/Os before I turned 16 so?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 11

• Age of consent is 16 in my state without parental permission, so probably at least until then. Depending on how mature she is I might let her go for it at a younger age, I don't know.

0|0
    0|0
  • 15, same goes for son. Girls are no more special than boys. The same rules apply to both.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I make the choice Im controlling and Paternalist. But when she does I'll be in her corner 110%. Better have a safe room if you mess with mine!

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 is a good age. Just talk to them and educate them. Over protecting will push them away.

0|0
    0|0
  • 16 will be fine, but I don't want her having sex til she is married.

0|0
    0|0
  • ill be dead before i allow her to date!

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd let her date at 13 or 14 tbh.

0|0
    0|0
  • 16. Or 15. It depends on how old the guy is.

0|0
    0|0
    • Lol I was 10 when I had my first real relationship. I moved before things got a chance go get serious though.

• never : )

1|0
    0|0

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't have a daughter

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes