Will balding ruin my sex life?

I'm 23 and I'm noticable balding. I've probably been balding since about 19 but now it's hard to hide. I used to have lots a confidence and success with ladies but now I'm too insecure to even try. I just keep it cut short and take medication to prevent the balding from getting worse. If I was in my 30s or 40s I would mind. But in your 20s people can be so vain when it comes to appearance. I really don't know what to do about it. I know that I probably look like a creeper. It's just not fair, it's not even my fault. Do you think my life is over?

112

Most Helpful Girl

• Just think of it as a filter to keep the shallow people away.

• I would agree but I also think people are entitled to be shallow when it comes to what they're attracted to. I personally think balding is unattractive and yet I'm suffering from it. I'm sure some women won't mind in there 30s but at my age I have a ways to go before then.

• I think that's a very rational way of looking at it. But you have to get your foot in the door at first to be able to establish that kind of relationship. And I know from my experience, getting a woman to find you attractive at first when you have a old man's hairline is hard to do. I can't imagine how difficult it will be when it's a big chrome dome.

• Not all women just look at first glance eyecandy levels though. And even then, not all have the same taste.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. Your life is not over
    2. You will always find girls willing to date you, no matter the hair on your head. Unless the hair on your head is beyond weird and then you should seek help
    2. I would also recommend thinking about just going completely bald, but then again I don't know what that's like as I have never balded before, but maybe you could try to just get away with being fully shaved.
    3. I could link a ton of nice looking bald dudes lol
    4. You seem like a nice guy and that means you probably have a better chance than a full-maned douchebag

• Sorry I wrote 2 twice lmao

• I guess I don't want to look like a meat head.

• I think overtly muscled looks worse than skinny