Is it wrong to split the bill if your a guy?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not. It's more than fair to split the bill and I think everyone dating should do so. At least for the first couple of dates when getting to know one another.

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think it's a good idea to get rid of the old tradition of dating. If both people pay this shows equality, and demolishes old unfair standards. Splitting the bill also shows that both people are willing to Invest in the relationship, and it's easy on the purse/ or wallet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is true that people usually split the bill these days. #Conventional wisdom is that it makes the girl more relaxed if she doesn't feel like she is being bought, and wondering what will be expected of her in return.

Girls these days have a complicated mix of messages about femininity and equality, but this particular issue seems to be favoring equality.

Now, it is still polite to offer if you wish, but don't insist on paying for her. If you pay, she will frequently make a #verbal commitment to pay for the next one.

http://www.prosinthecity.com/blog/images/seo8.jpg

#Splitting the bill should be the right thing to do, especially when you're meeting someone from online. There's so much more that's unknown when meeting someone that way, and both people are really trying to see if they like the other. Someone wanting or expecting a free meal is being a freeloader.

Generally, splitting on the first date is acceptable, but it would also depend on who asked who out and what the #expectations were. If it's a high end restaurant and the asker makes significantly more money than the askee, then the asker should offer to pay.

Hope it Helps. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• Every body should do what they want. I know guys who genuinely want to pay for the girl. Others don't want to pay and think the girl should pay for herself.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all

0|0
    0|0
  • No. The logic makes sense and it is fair. Personally though I'm old fashioned and would be disappointed if the guy expected me to pay my half, at least on the first couple of dates.

0|0
    0|0
    • It seems unfair for the male if he has to pay. Most guys take girls to fancy resterants.

• I see why you think it's unfair. I just think the guy paying is chivalrous and personally that's what I'm looking for. It's definitely a traditional thing and a lot of people don't really do traditional. It's just a matter of preference.

• No absolutely not I think it's the best way to go especially early days no harm in treating each other if u want to but it shouldn't be expected

0|0
    0|0
  • yes because a guy is supposed to support a girl and if he can't even grab the bill, then why do we need boyfriends?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. It's untermensch.

0|0
    0|0
  • Myself and my boyfriend always split the bill

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't think it's wrong.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, there's a giant problem there. Penis pays.

0|0
    0|3
    • Oh, look a terrible joke. Not many people are bad at telling jokes, so make sure you guys learn from her terrible joke. That way you don't fall victim to it.

• I wasn't being funny, the only joke here is you wanting to take women on dates with no money.

• So, you think guys should just pay for everything a girl wants?

What Guys Said 17

• I don't think there is a right or wrong.

For myself, I'm paying by default. Even if I'm a pauper and she's a billionaire, I'm still paying by default. Other people can do it how they want.

1|2
    0|0
  • If she is
    traditional type-no you pay all
    Feminist- Let's split
    Fake feminist- Make her pay for you too.

0|2
    0|0
    • Your a wise man ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Show All
    • I thing your very open minded and I'm happy that we are able to have this conversation.

• If its a girl that you're splitting it with then its wrong, if its another guy however, no.

1|0
    0|1
    • Can you express why you feel this way?

• Show All
    • Not really if you explain the idea clearly then she might want to do it. I don't want a girl that's always dependent on me. She has to be brave and willing to pitch in to make life better for the both of us.

• Dude, I understand the point you're trying to make , but girls want financial security and if you ask every girl you date to pay her side of the bill, do you think she'll even consider you?

• I think whoever asks for the daye should pay for the unless otherwise agreed upon.

1|1
    0|0
  • Not at all. If your the other half agree to this, it shows she cares for u and sure is a keeper

1|2
    0|0
  • I think the guy should pay the bill if it's the first few dates because it's just being decent, however as the relationship progresses, the bill should be split just because it's fair.

0|0
    0|0
  • No it's not but that's not very romantic.

Better to take turns if you're low on money. This time you pay the bill, the next they pay it.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's 100% fine and it's fine also if the girl pays all of it

1|0
    1|0
  • If you know the date was a disaster and your not interested in a second one than go for it ๐Ÿ˜œ

0|1
    1|0
  • I always pay the full bill on the first few dates but after that I appreciate it when we split

0|0
    0|0
  • No way! In fact, if she picks the restaurant, she should pay the whole bill herself!

1|0
    0|0
  • No but sheโ€™ll think youโ€™re cheap for being equal

0|2
    1|0
    • It's a double standard kind of thing. If a girl wants to split the bill their seen as strong and independent.

• Unless one of you offers to pay the whole bill, splitting is the way to go.

0|0
    0|0
  • in real life girls will frown upon it... for sure

0|1
    0|0
    • It unfair to boys, dont you think?

• yea It certainly is...
      but we have to spend money to take them out and ask them out too lol... like what the hell
      the only way to make it more even --> since you are the one paying... exercise dominance over as... be the man

don't let her be the man and make you pay... thats the worst

• It's okay it's equal rights right

0|0
    0|0
  • No you're better off splitting the bill

0|0
    0|0
  • Not at all

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes