Is it wrong to split the bill if your a guy?

1018

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course not. It's more than fair to split the bill and I think everyone dating should do so. At least for the first couple of dates when getting to know one another.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I think it's a good idea to get rid of the old tradition of dating. If both people pay this shows equality, and demolishes old unfair standards. Splitting the bill also shows that both people are willing to Invest in the relationship, and it's easy on the purse/ or wallet.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, it is true that people usually split the bill these days. #Conventional wisdom is that it makes the girl more relaxed if she doesn't feel like she is being bought, and wondering what will be expected of her in return.

Girls these days have a complicated mix of messages about femininity and equality, but this particular issue seems to be favoring equality.

Now, it is still polite to offer if you wish, but don't insist on paying for her. If you pay, she will frequently make a #verbal commitment to pay for the next one.

http://www.prosinthecity.com/blog/images/seo8.jpg

#Splitting the bill should be the right thing to do, especially when you're meeting someone from online. There's so much more that's unknown when meeting someone that way, and both people are really trying to see if they like the other. Someone wanting or expecting a free meal is being a freeloader.

Generally, splitting on the first date is acceptable, but it would also depend on who asked who out and what the #expectations were. If it's a high end restaurant and the asker makes significantly more money than the askee, then the asker should offer to pay.

Hope it Helps. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ณ

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE