Is your significant other entitled to your social media passwords in a committed relationship?

Is your significant other entitled to your social media passwords in a committed relationship?
  • Yes He/She is
    Vote A
  • No He/She isn't
    Vote B
  • I don't know
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Heck no. Last I checked that was my name on my account and my family/friends relationships in my DMs. He can make his own account and talk to people as himself. I've had situations where I thought that I was talking to my guy friends but it wound up being their gfs in their inbox pretending to be the guy. I remember this one girl was aggressively flirting with me and I went in on my friend for disrespecting his girlfriend. The next day his girlfriend told me that she appreciates the fact that I didn't "take her bait". She really thought I wanted to be friends with her after all the gross stuff she said to me online. I'm not dealing with anybody who thinks they're entitled to sabotage my relationships or micromanage my life. Some of these people are crazy.

3|1
    1|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not at all but why would you not want them to have it?
    Is it an issue of trust?

My Girlfriend has mine, and she can do as she pleases with it haha if she does check around to me its not an issue of trust, its more the ability to be transparent, there is no one else in the world I would want to be transparent with that My Partner in Life

0|1
    0|1
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 18

• Well it wouldn't be a problem if there was nothing to hide but still it is the choice of the two in the relationship, I know some people like their privacy still. Personally my boyfriend and I know each others and it's not a lack of trust haha we just like sharing our stuff plus you got a 2nd person to remember your passwords HAHA

2|2
    0|1
  • No, they are not. It should be a privilege, not an obligation. Especially when they aren't married to you. You have no idea what that person could do with your information even if you trusted them.

0|2
    0|0
    • P. S: the only logical reason they should is for an emergency.

• Anyone that wants access to your social media is probably going through your shit to start drama had a ex did that were he barely trusted me over sending a guy friend a heart emoji and no it was not sexual or emotional it was a video game reference that he took to far. If you want to test if your partner is emotional abusive giving them your passwords is a good way to do it.

0|2
    0|0
  • Even if person A has nothing to hide, person B is not entitled to their password, because it's person A's private property, just like person B isn't entitled to use any of person A's things without asking. It's fine though if person A gives person B their password.

0|3
    1|0
  • They are not entitled to your passwords, though you shouldn't have a problem sharing important information with them.

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't even put a password on it if I could I genuinely don't give a shit about that kind of stuff

1|1
    0|0
  • No, they are not. You can tell we live in a digital age because there was a time social media didn't exist, so this question never needed to be asked. It's perplexing to me though that anyone would want to invade someone's privacy like that. If it's not okay to ask them for other personal information like banking account password/number or their social security number, why would it be okay to ask for their social media password or even the password to their phone. Why and how should that it be okay?

0|2
    0|0
  • He's not entitled to shit that has to do with my own accounts.

1|1
    1|1
  • Entitled is a strong word. No they are not entitled to it. But there shouldn't be any reason to hide anything from them either. If they ask, you can simply unlock it for them. At the same time, I wouldn't expect to have a partner so insecure that they wish to dig through my stuff. I mean if we're already connected on social media they can follow my activity anyway. So a partner seeking your passwords most likely just wants to read your messages. So they are either super paranoid, or very insecure and do not trust the person whose stuff they want to check.

0|1
    0|0
  • Entitled? No. Except for certain parent/child situations, Nobody is entitled to anyone’s privacy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I mean, you shouldn’t have anything to hide but it’s not necessary for your SO to have your passwords. Everyone is entitled to their privacy

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes cause it’s about trust if you have nothing to hide then why not show tells me you got something to hide.

1|1
    0|1
  • Hell no! You are entitled to privacy!

0|2
    0|0
  • Why would they be?

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope

0|2
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|1
    0|0
  • No he just need to sort his jealous ass out

0|1
    1|0
  • No he isn't

0|2
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• Nope. Even in a committed relationship, you're still an individual. People need and deserve privacy. In my experience, having one's own sense of self enhances relationships, rather than the contrary.

My wife only has access to accounts that are shared, such as our bank accounts and some services we use like Amazon.

0|2
    0|0
  • LOL! Insecurity is such a turn off.

NO they are NOT entitled to my passwords. If they can't trust me without looking at everything I do in my daily life then that's pretty damn belittling towards me now isn't it?

Fuck. That.

0|2
    0|0
  • Privacy and trust is important to a relationship. Simply being forced to give over your passwords to continue being in one makes me sure that they don't trust me.

1|1
    0|0
  • They should trust eachother enough without feeling the need to know there passwords to everything. If someone asks me for a code then the relationship is over. It just shows they have no trust

0|1
    0|0
  • no. everyone is entitled to some privacy. if you need to check each others social media accounts, the relationship has no trust and is dead.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I was married to someone or with a girl for over 3 years, I'd say yes, but only if they agree to not get offended

0|1
    0|0
  • If I had one, she probably wouldn't be entitled to my passwords

0|1
    0|0
  • No that's retarded, if you ever broke up it would be a race to see who could change their password and subsequently frape the other first lol

0|1
    0|0
  • I got nothing to hide
    Im honest even if u are my friend
    Only bad thing a woman might not like about my instagram are the bikini models, thats it

0|1
    0|0
  • No me and my girlfriend both said if we wanted to look through each other’s phones we can but we won’t because Trust

0|1
    0|0
  • No. I'm very big on individual liberty and personal privacy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have nothing to hide so I don't have any problems with it.

0|1
    0|1
  • no she's entitled to it but I have no problem telling if she wants to my passwords

0|1
    0|0
  • For my password. No. To have a look in m phone go ahead. Lol I got nothing in my phone xD

0|1
    0|0
  • if they even so much as ask for it that means they don't trust you and you should leave

0|1
    0|0
  • No motherfucker

0|2
    0|0
  • No.

No they aren't.

0|1
    0|0
  • No He/She isn't

0|1
    0|0