Why does he think he is a terrible boyfriend? How do u heal a broke heart?

Blackpandagal
I don't understand my boyfriend. He lost his job, his mom is going through cancer. Life is pretty much slapping him in the face.

This Christmas he couldn't get me a present which i didn't care. Tho I bought him a 50 dollar gift. Its our first Christmas I'm just happy to be with him & his family. When I left he told me he wanted me to keep bothering him cuz he has been unattentive towards me

Which I did but he wasn't really responsive. He then texted me saying he was a terrible boyfriend. I told him he wasn't, he is just depressed & trying to work. When we r together he gives me lots of affection. I don't think he listening tho. He has been in horrible relationships. One according to his family his ex finacee cheated on him constantly with men & women 4 like 10 years. It was a on & off relationship. His family hated her.

I think there is more but his grandma said he should tell me. I just don't know how to heal a broken heart. there's damage that she has placed there. I just want to heal him.
Why does he think he is a terrible boyfriend? How do u heal a broke heart?
Add Opinion