Why does he think he is a terrible boyfriend? How do u heal a broke heart?

I don't understand my boyfriend. He lost his job, his mom is going through cancer. Life is pretty much slapping him in the face.

This Christmas he couldn't get me a present which i didn't care. Tho I bought him a 50 dollar gift. Its our first Christmas I'm just happy to be with him & his family. When I left he told me he wanted me to keep bothering him cuz he has been unattentive towards me

Which I did but he wasn't really responsive. He then texted me saying he was a terrible boyfriend. I told him he wasn't, he is just depressed & trying to work. When we r together he gives me lots of affection. I don't think he listening tho. He has been in horrible relationships. One according to his family his ex finacee cheated on him constantly with men & women 4 like 10 years. It was a on & off relationship. His family hated her.

I think there is more but his grandma said he should tell me. I just don't know how to heal a broken heart. there's damage that she has placed there. I just want to heal him.

321

Most Helpful Guy

• I find most people who have low self esteem almost seem to enjoy hating themselves. They say fatalistic nonsense such as they were "destined" to be alone and they are "unworthy" of love and affection.

He needs to find the will to persevere within himself and press on regardless of what anyone thinks of him or what stands in his way. He needs to realize that this life is IT and he needs to frantically enjoy every, single, last, fucking, moment before he vanishes from existence when he dies.

I never let go of the shackles of depression myself until I just go fed up with it all and was determined to do things MY way and FUCK everyone else! The people worth while will always love me for who I am so long as I am empathetic and reasonable.

He needs a push, something to snap inside of him that will give him the resolve to live life on his terms and stop pitying himself.

Good luck! I've tried to mend people like that but they're always too stubborn. Perhaps you can be more patient.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • That was pretty deep.

• Thank u. Its going to be a tough road. Like u said people like that are stubborn. I was one myself til I snap out of it. Now im in college with a 3.0 gpa.

I want to show him he can achieve this too. He thinks he is stupid but I never heard of a stupid person who has built his own computer before. I guess I have to be patient & wait 4 trust first.
      P. s love ur senran kagura icon of haruka!

• You're welcome and good job on your grades. If he can build a computer than yeah he's definitely selling himself short. I bet someone sweet like you will have a good chance at helping him snap out of it, you sound pretty nice.

"Tits are life, ass is hometown."

Haruka is my favorite! I love how she dominates practically everyone like she was born a dominatrix. She has pretty good style and is great for an icon as you mentioned.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should continue to be there for him until he learns to trust you. When somebody is abused that long - it takes them a long time to unlearn the behaviours they experienced for so long and to realize that abuse isn't normal and shouldn't be tolerated.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE