Is moving too fast reason for concern in a relationship?

We met online, we made it offical/public, I met his family... all under a year. Was this all a ploy for sex? Is moving to fast a red flag?
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• How many years did you want to spend on getting started? :P I can't imagine bothering to introduce parents to each other if the relationship is just for sex. Just tread carefully and tell your partner if you want to take things a bit slower. Anyone with a bit of respect would understand.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Usually, it is, However Here, Dear... It appears you are Making all of the right Grooves and Moves.
    For many, Cold Duck Feet can Happen very quickly if Going too fast. I Always Advise Everyone under the Sun, To Go Slow with Joe or Flo.
    Good Luck and Nice going, dear!! xxoo

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 4

• Moving too fast is a big red flag... in your instance though 1 year isn't necessarily too fast. A lot of my siblings (and I have 7) got married less than a year after starting to get to know their now husbands/wives.

Moving too fast is always an issue and a red flag. However, there's some debate as to what may be called "too fast" a full year of knowing a person let's you be fairly safe I'd say. Two years is probably better buuut... one is still better than what a lot of people do I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the relationship, they're all different. And it doesn't sound too fast to me. And if you've met family, it's not just sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes moving too fast is red flag but it depends on how fast the move is happening too. It's red flag if he pressures you into anything sexual.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes but
    worth the wild ride
    besides concern a brick wall lies ahead

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• In under a year that doesn't seem all that fast. I'd be worried if that happened in a months time or so.

0|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't think it affects the relationship if both people already kind of knew each other before jumping into a relationship.

Also i know that there are arrange marriages where the parents of both sides already knew each others families fairly well and that's pretty quick moving from friends to marriage...

0|0
    0|0
  • It usually is a red flag, but it depends on the person and their background/ past experiences/relationships

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, if you move to quickly, the spark might also go out quickly.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's a red flag if the guy pushes. It means he's desperate to get married.

0|0
    0|0
  • That doesn't sound that fast to me

1|1
    0|0
  • yes but 1 year isn't too fast

0|0
    0|0
  • no it just means your getting some where

0|1
    0|0
  • It's not ALWAYS a concern, but you should listen to your misgivings. Time has a way of working things through, and it's a good idea for all people to know when to slow their roll.

But don't let caution keep you from fully enjoying life either. It's a delicate balance.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes