Is watching Jumanji a good first date idea?

Lol sounds funny but there's no other decent movie in theatres right now. I'm going on a first date with my crush next week and we're both pretty shy and don't know each other at all. I was thinking of having lunch first then watching the movie. Thoughts?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The best thing you can do on a first date is go for a walk because it loosens up all the nerves you build up to that point. Dinner is great as well and Jumanji was actually a pretty good movie. It's also hilarious. After dinner and the movie, the two of you should go for a stroll. Talk about the film, yourselves, and completely break the ice. The date is about you after all, the activities you are doing.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Movies are bad for first dates because you can’t talk to one another. It’s better to do something, like ice skating.

0|1
    0|0
    • But I'm thinking of having lunch first

• Show All
    • How about amusement park?

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• Id say yeah. But id say to have lunch after if possible that way you can talk about the movie then. But i watched it and thought it was funny and it did have a few little romance scenes in it so yeah i think it would be good to see.

1|0
    0|0
    • Yeah great idea! I think lunch should be had afterwards so we can talk about the movie.

• Watch the movie first then get lunch. It'll give you something to talk about and break the ice.

OR

If you want lunch first, get lunch then the movie and then go get forzen yogurt, boba, ice cream, anything pretty much. So y'all can actually talk.

1|0
    0|0
  • I suggest you go to lunch and then boqling, or something interactive

Watching a movie with someone you aren't too close to yet can be really awkward

0|0
    0|0
  • it a good movie style comedy and adventure with rock not to mush animal which the first jumanji more like stationgame

0|0
    0|0
  • It's not that bad. Going to the movies is kind of dated as a date idea but whatever works for you I suppose.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes! It's so funny! Be sure to laugh to let them know it's okay to open up too

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything will do it's a first date! Lol have fun

1|0
    0|0
  • ya you can make animal noises after together

0|0
    2|0
  • Yeah most definitely

1|0
    0|0
  • Uhhhhhh maybe have some other fun ideas ready lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Go see "The shape of water." Romantic movie

0|0
    1|0
  • Lunch and a movie is a common ine. I've never thought movies were a good first date idea because you both sit and watch the movie, don't talk much and then don't know much about each other at the end of the date. I'd say indoor glow gold, or laser tag would be fun. Or maybe just something where you cna get to know each other more.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Lol hell yea it is... laughing makes you less shy and it just brings a good vibe around and also you get to talk about the funny parts after the movie and laugh again... I think it’s a great way to end your date.

1|0
    0|0
  • Don't be shy. Jumanji is an awesome movie. I watched it yesterday on my date. It was great just be yourself

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes