How do I shut up the matchmaker part of me?

With my temperament and personality, combined with my status of being single my whole young adult life, I can't help following this mental track where I evaluate every girl I meet, weigh pros and cons, automatically start trying to figure out how to get every girl to like me romantically. It's like an annoying friend from school that continuously asks you if you're seeing anyone, who you should date, etc. I just wish that part of me would SHUT UP before it ruins the very thing it seeks to accomplish. It makes every attempt to develope a friendship feel fake and guilt ridden, there's no joy in it.

How do I make that nagging part of me be quiet and just let things develop (hopefully) in a healthy way?

11

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its good you do this. I did it too and it helped me come across who i truly want