Is it weird if I say I’m bringing my friend on the first date?

So me and this guy we have been talking and been wanting to go out sometime and we both like each other pretty much , so tonight he asked if I wanted to see a movie tomorrow night and I’m pretty sure we are going. But.. my parents won’t let me go alone if they knew I wanted to go on a date, so I am wondering if it’s ok if I take my best friend almost as a third wheel? Do guys think that’s weird? I’m going to tell him of course I’m probably going to bring her; I just don’t want him to think it’s odd

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ask if he has a friend and make it a "double date."
    That way your friend isn't a third wheel and you get some more one on one time with the guy

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • I mean it’s just a movie so it’s not like we will be talking the whole time

• Movie dates kind of suck for that reason. Double dates are still less awkward for the 2 who like each other.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ehhh.. It's kind of weird to take your best friend with you.. x'D In my opinion a date should be between two people..
    Either suggest a double date or make it seem like you're going out with your best friend/friends and then leave her/them to go on your date. Friends would be better so she won't be alone...

0|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 7

• It's pretty weird. in my opinion bring not just one but two people then once the date starts you can go your own way for a while and so can they. Best of both worlds.

0|0
    0|0
  • its not necessarily weird but i would advise against it unless its a double date especially if its a first date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd never permit this. Too many girls don't have to do this. I'd break the date with you and find someone worthy. At 19 they require this?

0|0
    0|0
  • This should be between two people preferably. If its not an official date that's ok.

0|0
    0|0
  • Personally I think it's weird.. I would not offer to go on a second date if she brought a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's weird

0|0
    0|0
  • its is pretty weard and double awkward

0|0
    0|0
    • I mean it’s just to a movie and it isn’t actually really a date it’s more us hanging out I guess

• if it's not officially a date that's fine

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes