Help me understand this logic, because I don't get men anymore?

Anonymous
I made the first move on a guy I had a crush on who used to work with via Facebook.
I told him that if he's single, I would love to get to know him. He said he is and he would love to know me too.

We were texting for two weeks and on last Friday night he called me and asked me out on Saturday, of course I agreed. After the phone call, he texted me some inside joke while out with his friends.
The next day, I heard nothing from him so on Sunday (just before New Years Eve) I texted him "I don't understand" which replied by saying "I'm apologize for last night, I should've called. Sorry".
I didn't reply to that because I was kinda upset.

Then on Monday, I saw he was tagged in photos on Facebook, apparently he was celebrating with his family at his parent's house with his ex-girlfriend. They were together for 5 years and have been broken up for at least a year.
She was celebrating with him and his family. They were hugging so I guess the got back together.
I'm sorry but I don't get it. Just two days before that he asked me to go out.

Am I overreacting or today's dating culture is so f***ed up that people think it's okay to do this?
25
6