Help me understand this logic, because I don't get men anymore?

I made the first move on a guy I had a crush on who used to work with via Facebook.
I told him that if he's single, I would love to get to know him. He said he is and he would love to know me too.

We were texting for two weeks and on last Friday night he called me and asked me out on Saturday, of course I agreed. After the phone call, he texted me some inside joke while out with his friends.
The next day, I heard nothing from him so on Sunday (just before New Years Eve) I texted him "I don't understand" which replied by saying "I'm apologize for last night, I should've called. Sorry".
I didn't reply to that because I was kinda upset.

Then on Monday, I saw he was tagged in photos on Facebook, apparently he was celebrating with his family at his parent's house with his ex-girlfriend. They were together for 5 years and have been broken up for at least a year.
She was celebrating with him and his family. They were hugging so I guess the got back together.
I'm sorry but I don't get it. Just two days before that he asked me to go out.

Am I overreacting or today's dating culture is so f***ed up that people think it's okay to do this?

625

Most Helpful Guy

• I salute you for making the first move and don't let this discourage you from doing the same again.

He wronged you and I get the feeling that he was already talking with her again when you approached him but he wasn't sure if it would work out with her so he kept you as "back up"...

I'm sorry that you went through this and I know that there are other guys who would deeply appreciate your efforts. Guys like me for example 🙂

• Thank you for that comment!!! :)

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh the same thing happen to me too! The only difference is that my guy wasn't that long with his ex (now current) girlfriend, they were dating for like 2 months and then she wanted a break because she wasn't sure that she likes him. And he fell for that, he basically waited for her for a month to make up her mind, and then I jumped into the picture by asking him out (I had no idea about her). He stood me up for a date and never explained himself, I found out they got back together from a mutual friend.
    So, yeah, this whole dating scene is fucking terrible. People are playing with other people's feelings like it's a game and think it's perfectly fine to lead someone on and then disappear just like that. It's one fucked-up, selfish game. He dismissed my confession like it was nothing and now is acting like it never happened. When it DID very much happen, in fact I had my hopes up and I literally had to gather all the courage I had to make the first move, IT WAS A BIG DEAL FOR ME. And I would really appreciate if my move on him was at least acknowledged with a nice rejection and an honest apology. Sadly, I still see him sometimes because we have mutual friends and hangout all together often. But the saddest thing is that it's not gonna work out with that girl and I'm afraid he's gonna regret how he treated me. No, actually, that's not the saddest thing. The saddest thing is that I'm STILL into him.

• I'm sorry it happened to you. I can't believe he didn' t even apologizd.