Guys, If your first date is the first time you've ever met, why do guys want a kiss at the end?

I could understand if you'd known each other from work or school and after weeks or months of flirting decided to go out, but when you literally just met them two hours ago? Yet guys always do it. Always. They lean in, and you've just had food and/or drinks and know your breath is probably awful, and it's right in the parking lot where everyone can see you. Why?

My dad would say it's "payment" for buying a meal.

0|2

Most Helpful Guy

• It can be a lot of different reasons why someone do that.
    Here you have a few.
    1. He's testing where he has you.
    2. If you kiss her on the first date you doesn't get in to the friendzone (funny assumption that are flying around)
    3. He are after something more.
    4. He have feelings.
    and so on...

Ask yourself why would you do it!

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• We want to know that you feel some attraction to us. If you kiss us, you are more likely to feel an attraction. Your lips are like a lie detector. (Our lie detector is located somewhere else!)

2|0
    0|1
    • I found it works much better if you first get signs of attraction, THEN you kiss her. I've never had a hard time telling whether a woman wanted to be kissed. They made it pretty obvious by focusing on me as we were talking, by getting physically close, maybe touching my hand or taking my arm as we were walking.

• @slatyb That has been my experience, too. Every first date does not end with a kiss but they are not all good matches. When it's a good match, you know it, and a kiss at the end of the date feels very natural.

• Mostly because they don't know any better. They are horny and need a woman to scratch that itch, but haven't really grasped the idea that women are also people. Dating is something they think they have to do to get sex, and they think it's like school -- you follow the rules, you take the test, you get a grade. So they are thinking "Ok, I asked her out, I paid for dinner, I should get a kiss." Instead they should be alert for signs that she wants to be kissed.

1|0
    0|0
  • You are into the, what does she think about me and what does she think I think about her? It is an awkward place. I play it by ear and wouldn't expect to but it does show interest and perhaps in your case, too much interest. I had one lady ask me booth times we met if I was going to kiss her. I felt obligated but didn't feel it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's expected because that's what happens in TV and movies. Nobody actually teaches men how to do dates properly, we learn with trial and error.

1|0
    0|0
  • What a Dad
    1. well, guys do fall into lust/love faster than gals
    2. guys are not home run kings when planning & participating in dates, so always need to be graded... A=kiss, duh

Few pro actors know to take a breath mint before a kissing scene

1|0
    0|0
  • If I liked her, then I am not interested in just a kiss, but having sex before it is over. Realizing many circumstances don't allow the time on the first date, kissing would just be start of foreplay for the second date.

1|0
    0|0
  • NO WAY would I do that. I'd be afraid it would be way to creepy. Yeah I don't think most women would like it under the circumstances you describe.

1|0
    0|0
  • I can get kisses on the cheek on the first, I don't direct myself to women that way. Unless we are really into it and she wants me to. To many guys and girls, the art of dating is skewed and so some don't know the process of what should be done.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I sense any fireworks, I may move in for a kiss to test the waters. Don't want to miss out on something good, so I like to show my interest. But if there is no vibe, I likely will not swoop in for a smooch.

1|0
    0|0
  • Most guys would gauge whether it was a successful date if she kisses them. Its generally up yo the woman and we want to know or get some sort of physical attraction from the woman.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I had a really good date and we're going out again, then a kiss on the cheek is cool. You're obviously referring to a lip lock in which case Id say its not an automatic...

1|0
    0|0
  • some people believe in a kiss on the first date, others dont

1|0
    0|0
    • Don't really like the fact that you didn't allow anonymous answers. I would have given the exact same answer, if you had allowed them, but, i don't like the fact that you didn't. its not cool, and i realize it's an option, but, in my opinion, it's not cool

• Show All
    • i dont care, that doesn't mean all are

• I don't care, either. Lol

• Great question never thought of that, I'm a shy guy and I have to be any more intimate place to get a kiss going, kissing on the first date can happen I guess, with me it's usually on the 3rd or 4th

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want a kiss on the first date, I don't know them well enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • Checking for attraction. If she doesn’t feel any then there’s no point seeing her again even if you chatted amiably enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was never one to kiss on a first date, especially when it's a woman I just met. I was too shy, LOL!

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't do that on first date I'm a guy who takes it slow unless the girl doesn't want to take it slow

1|0
    0|0
  • I love kisses and hugs.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes