Why are some preferences commonly accepted as normal (big boobs, blonde girls...) while others are considered fetishes (black girls, Asian girls...)?

What's the distinction? Do all preferences = fetishes?

16

Most Helpful Guy

• Ethnicity isn't a fetish. A fetish, by definition, is a sexual preoccupation with an inanimate object. It has been colloquially attached to the sexual preoccupation with specific body parts, or specific acts. It has never been meant to refer to sexual attraction to certain people according to race, ethnicity or nationality.

Most Helpful Girl

• What? I have never heard of appearance preferences being called as fetishes. Fetish is a something sexual, an object or a thing, people get aroused by. Preference is something they find attractive. Someone is using the term fetish completely wrong.