Why are some preferences commonly accepted as normal (big boobs, blonde girls...) while others are considered fetishes (black girls, Asian girls...)?

What's the distinction? Do all preferences = fetishes?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Ethnicity isn't a fetish. A fetish, by definition, is a sexual preoccupation with an inanimate object. It has been colloquially attached to the sexual preoccupation with specific body parts, or specific acts. It has never been meant to refer to sexual attraction to certain people according to race, ethnicity or nationality.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• What? I have never heard of appearance preferences being called as fetishes. Fetish is a something sexual, an object or a thing, people get aroused by. Preference is something they find attractive. Someone is using the term fetish completely wrong.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• Fetishes is a sexual interest in a particular act. Preferences are not fetishes. Having someone who follows your preferences punch you in the testicles until you're bruised then jerk you off with a monkey wrench is a fetish.

0|0
    0|0
  • The distinction for me likes in the strength of the feeling. Everyone has a preference about everything if you think about it enough, a fetish is something that someone develops in regards to some specific act or attribute. If someone was obsessed with big boobs I'd say they had a fetish, but if you just preferred them over smaller ones then that'd just be a preference.

I don't know if there's a more "official" distinction out there, but that's how I like to think about it :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually I think the difference is the prevelance itself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't see blacks or Asians as fetishes at all. Feet are fetish.

0|0
    0|0
  • No a fetish would be like feet or something.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes