Should the guy have to text first all the time?

If I am texting with a girl and I am always the one to text first

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• The real question is why do you have her number and what are the intentions? And the answer is NO. Speak when you desire to speak. If you have something to say, say it. If your concerned that you will lose this person, then either let them know and ask how they would like to be communicated, or stop getting strangers numbers. It depends on what type of person you are and who you're talking to. You two needs to set the rules you value in this as well as boundaries.

0|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on the girl and the strenght of your emotional connection to her.

My ex would almost always text me first when were dating. But at the start I was initiating 7/10 times. As she got to know me she wanted to text me first as she wanted to speak to me more oftem or just wanted my attention.

If you are constantly initiating and recieving careless responses (or none at all) it's time to stop texting "X" girl.

If you're initiating and getting solid dates from "X" girl, then yes. Continue this behaviour with "X". This method is having success with her.

It's all about evaluating your progression with a girl over a certain period of time (usually 14-28 days) and then making decisions depending on the outcome of your evaluation.

If there is NO progression being made. Cut all contact. No point in wasting YOUR valuable time on someone who doesn't want to include you in THEIR life.

I hope this was in some way helpful.

Best of luck for the New Year!

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Its not your obligation but girls don't text first in general if there is someone to do that work instead

0|2
    0|0
    • Agreed. Theoretically, anyone can begin the convo.

But if nothing is happening, typically the guy will have to take the lead.

• Show All
    • They like when you do it too^^

• Lol nice, I'll keep that in mind.

• No, it shouldn't be a big deal. Whoever wants to talk should text. Maybe she doesn't want to feel like she's bothering you by texting first.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I was interested in a guy, I would surely text him first sometimes.

0|1
    0|0
  • No that’s not really ok

0|2
    0|0
  • She should be able to initiate every now and then

0|1
    0|0
  • No way!! Someone can’t be doing all the effort

0|1
    0|0
  • no! It should be an equal balance!

0|1
    0|0
  • No. Not at all.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope. It should be mutual.

0|1
    0|0
  • No the girl should put some love in there too

0|2
    0|0
  • nope

0|0
    0|0
  • No. It’s a back and forth thing

0|1
    0|0
  • If she keeps the conversation going by asking questions, trying to get to know you, flirting etc when you text her then I'd say she's interested, but I'm sure she'll contact you first sometimes too, I assume the only times she won't initiate first often is when she's not sure if she's the only girl you're texting etc.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with most of this however as a guy I feel like I have to do everything, which I don't have confidence in doing.

What Guys Said 19

• No, it would usually be somewhat mutual unless she really isn't that interested. Don't waste effort that isn't returned.

1|1
    0|0
  • No. A relationship is a two-way-street, whether it be a dating-relationship or a friendship-relationship. Both have to put forward equal effort if they want it to work. Otherwise, the relationship will fizzle out and fast, because one feels like the other doesn’t care and that they’re putting in more time and effort than it’s worth at that point.

0|0
    0|0
  • No. If the guy texts first 100% of the time then it is obviously clear that the girl is not interested in him.

0|1
    0|1
  • Stop texting her, and forget about her until she texts you. She's obviously not very interested and stringing you along for whatever reason.

0|2
    0|1
  • You have two main groups with multiple sub groups.
    1. The attitude.
    2. Not in to you.

1 is the most common

0|0
    0|0
  • It would be nice if I wasn't always required to text first. That's just how some women are, unfortunately.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try to go text for text this is respectable of yourself. And should be a decent gauge on how interested she is. Keep it one text. For one text.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. If she doesn't put any effort into you, she doesn't care about you.

0|1
    0|0
  • the girl will start texting you on her own when she becomes interested

0|1
    0|0
  • If a girl really likes you, she'll be texting you first. This sounds like she believes she has more value than you so she is likely texting some other guy first trying to impress him, and will only show interest in you if she gets turned down by the other guy for someone better.

People always want someone better than themselves. Don't text her for now, go get a few different girls numbers to text so you're too busy to come across as needy to any one girl and you can find the right girl for you and ultimately be the chooser, not settle for less.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why play games? If you wanna talk to somebody just do it.

0|0
    0|0
  • if the guy have to text first all the time, she is probably not interested in you

0|1
    0|0
  • Stop being the one to text first.

0|2
    0|0
  • Don’t chase. Don’t waste your time. MGTOW forever.

0|0
    0|1
  • no its so annoying

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully not...

0|0
    0|0
  • Ask her on a date and fuck.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope she have to text first sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • in my opinion, a nice balance is where its at.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes