Can a friendship turn into a relationship?

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. But it has to be something both friends desire and want. If they are open to relationships, that's a good thing. If they share the things you have in common in nearly everything regarding views, values, faith, beliefs, principals, etc with love, sex, marriage, etc then your good. BUT, if they aren't attracted to you in that way, and they don't have the desire to see if it's possible then it won't happen. You will just have to find somebody else who does. But best friends usually make stable and happy partners. Because usually there are no lies, no gimmicks, no deception with anything. You know their personality, they know yours. Your characters, your flaws, your history and, insecurity. They already love you as a friend, so unless you hold nothing in common regarding personal and important values then how can they not be capable of loving you romantically?

0|1
    0|0
    • Wow thanks for sharing your point of view. These are very wise thoughts :)

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 9

• that's ideal, in my opinion

0|2
    0|1
  • Both of the relationships that I've had have turned into relationships actually. Both were extremely close friends that I ended up feeling a deeper and more romantic love towards. My closest female friend, and my current boyfriend. In a way, it's almost the way to go I think.. because you establish a connection and a trust and a bond and then just work to deepen the bond if you both are feeling it. I feel like sometimes romance-based relationships sorta are weak in that friendship aspect.. I believe that partners should practically be each other's best friends also. It just makes things a whole lot easier and smoother. I think that it's possible to love someone and not be friends with them.. but wouldn't things go a lot better if you were close friends with them? They would from how I understand things. But yes.. a friendship can most certainly turn into a relationship. If the two friends like each other, then it's likely to happen since there's already trust and a bond. The trick is to just get the courage to go for it and not just get stuck in the friendship.
    I hope this helps :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Sure. My boyfriend and I were friends for four years before we got together at 15. We've now been together for six years. It totally can happen but I guess it's risky.

1|1
    0|0
  • If you are really friends... you should be able to start off with just having fun together no pressure just fun! You'll reach the next lvl when your both ready for it.

and if you can't have fun together in that way you should respect each other enough to just stay friends. Talk about the awkwardness and you both should be fine.

Most important is to keep talking!

1|0
    0|0
  • It can. I was friends with my boyfriend first before we got together.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure. It can also turn into two people never speaking again. but don’t let me be a Debbie downer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah and it happens really frequently

0|1
    0|0
  • very fast

1|0
    0|0
  • yes it can

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 19

• Not if you're a guy wanting to turn friendship into more. For this to work it has to be the girl to push it forward, a guy asking for more will get friendzoned. This situation would be because the guy has much more value than the girl, otherwise he would have already asked her out and they wouldn't have been friends first.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes but I don't think it can do the other way around.

There are also signs. If you're intrested in a friend to the point you would want a relationship they aren't a real friend anymore. At that point you need to act because it's unfair, in some way, to both sides.

0|1
    0|0
  • My sister is married to a guy she was friends for a year with. So yes it certainly can!

0|1
    0|0
  • I think that's how the most successful relationship start. You need to know someone on a personal level before you should even think about then on a relationship level.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah it defiantly can my wife and I were friends for 10 years before our relationship

1|1
    0|0
  • never say never right ;) just dont push her into a relationship

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't know if i have a friend thats a girl. I think of her as my sister. Soooo ehhh nooo? I don't know. I have to not see her in 3 years

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. Mine did. But you gotta show him that you like him more than just a friend.

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely yes, cause from what I have heard, a real friend cares more than your boyfriend

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah
    If they both like each other

0|1
    0|0
  • It sure can. Happened to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • If both persons make that happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • it can happen but mostly it doesn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes, it can turn into a relationship...

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely

0|0
    0|0
  • Nah. It would be nice, but nah. Rare.

0|0
    0|0
  • yes why not

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes