How can a shy guy start dating?

Now, I am an extremely shy kind of person. I over analyse everything and I am socially awkward. Now, twice in my 25 years on this planet a girl fell for me. Yet, I never dare to take the first step when I fall in love.

Now, how can a shy person like me start dating? Would speed dates be a wise idea? Since online dating, well... barely any replies or I get turned down each and every time

21

Most Helpful Girl

• I keep telling a LOT of guys especially, with your problem. What are your intentions for dating? First of all, you don't want to approach somebody, let alone a complete stranger because of looks alone. And you don't want to do this because you are attracted to them physically. You don't know this person. And for people who are 'shy' especially, it it wise to be friends first of a long while getting to know them BEFORE you think about dating. You make your intentions clear and you make sure there is no misunderstanding.

Speed dating may or may not work for you. You would have to be very desperate to be doing this. And in speed dating, you may not find prespective partners that won't cost you a fee to spend for an hour. You don't want to fall in love otherwise you will fall out of it. You need to learn how to love that person, and have that desire to grow and want to. Love is a rational decision and choice. Not a feeling. What you feel is hormones. And possibly lust, which is not good.

And online dating is risky and dangerous. You have a lot of crazy people on those sights. And it's always about looks ALL THE TIME. It may help, or it may not. You may not have what they are personally looking for. Which is why it is important that you stop with self-loathing and focus on what are your views, values, principals, morals, beliefs, etc about dating, love, sex and even marriage. The real question is even with all of these things to ocnsider. WHY do you refuse to take the first step? That's important to now.

Most Helpful Guy

• yea i'm kind of shy guy and i don't take first move ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…it's embarrassing i know but online dating will not help i tried it i have confidence with my girl online but i can't handle real conversation with girl i like maybe try soeed dates i couldn't make them too๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…good luck