How do I gain confidence in dating?

I'm 18. My problems in dating are-
-I'm awkward around girls
-I'm inexperienced and it holds me back
-I've put up a wall (emotionally) for most people
-I don't party (kind of by choice)
-When I do get close with a girl I screw it hope somehow (probably trying to talk to her too much)
-I don't approach girls
-I need to have a girl text me first to show that she is interested in me, otherwise, I don't think she is

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• The more you attempt anything, the better you get. Confidence comes from experience.

0|0
    0|0
    • Confidence comes from those who naturally have it or are blessed enough to be considered good enough. I'm not good enough.

• Show All
    • Nobody is born confident. They fake it till they make it or they gain it through their experiences.

• Well I haven't made it. I don't know how to. I want to but my awkwardness around most girls prevents me from doing so.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first you have to build your own confidence. Women recognize it when they see it, they react to it. Confident, not cocky! So build up your confidence and think of all the things you are good at or good attributes. Some girls like quiet shy guys too, but good luck landing a date unless you are forced to interact with them for work or whatever. The other thing to keep in mind is that you guaranteed will get shut down some of the time. Its gonna happen! Just keep your chin up and move on to the next prospect. Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • I’m just so awkward with most girls that a lot of times I can’t do anything

• Show All
    • Girls never initiate anything, but if you feel you are constantly chasing her like a lost puppy, just take a break. She said she needs space so try what I said, wait a few days then decide on an exact activity and ask her if she would like to join you. She will if she is interested in spending time with you.

What I don't get is why you are awkward in person. Do you get tongue tied? Can't make eye contact? Do some searching for ways to fix whatever it is.

• I get tongue-tied. I have initiated a date idea in 3 weeks now.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 5

• I mean in dating it mostly comes from practice so yea...

0|0
    0|0
  • I was like that when I was younger.

There are MILLIONS of girls in the world. Practise online first if you must. Seriously, the pool of girls is practically infinite. You can mess up so many times and there will still be LOADS of girls you can try again with.

Use that to your advantatge. Message someone. Apply yourself, but don't fret if it doesn't work.

Remember also that all girls are different, one girl's creep is another girl's casanova.

Just keep at it and your confidence will slowly grow.

Also google "bang", an ebook written by a guy named "roosh". You can thank me later.

0|0
    0|0
    • oh by the way in case it matters to you, my age is actually 33, i entered the wrong thing when i signed up.

i am what some would call a 4/10. im married to a 9.

• Show All
    • indeed. they are people too, just like you and me :)

• Right but I just want to have a girl find me attractive.

• Same here, constantly unsure of myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • I have the exact same problem I'd love to hear everyone else's advice

0|0
    0|0
  • i'm following i hve the same kind of things so

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes