How do I gain confidence in dating?

I'm 18. My problems in dating are-
-I'm awkward around girls
-I'm inexperienced and it holds me back
-I've put up a wall (emotionally) for most people
-I don't party (kind of by choice)
-When I do get close with a girl I screw it hope somehow (probably trying to talk to her too much)
-I don't approach girls
-I need to have a girl text me first to show that she is interested in me, otherwise, I don't think she is

16

Most Helpful Girl

• The more you attempt anything, the better you get. Confidence comes from experience.

• Confidence comes from those who naturally have it or are blessed enough to be considered good enough. I'm not good enough.

• Nobody is born confident. They fake it till they make it or they gain it through their experiences.

• Well I haven't made it. I don't know how to. I want to but my awkwardness around most girls prevents me from doing so.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well first you have to build your own confidence. Women recognize it when they see it, they react to it. Confident, not cocky! So build up your confidence and think of all the things you are good at or good attributes. Some girls like quiet shy guys too, but good luck landing a date unless you are forced to interact with them for work or whatever. The other thing to keep in mind is that you guaranteed will get shut down some of the time. Its gonna happen! Just keep your chin up and move on to the next prospect. Good luck!

• I’m just so awkward with most girls that a lot of times I can’t do anything

• Girls never initiate anything, but if you feel you are constantly chasing her like a lost puppy, just take a break. She said she needs space so try what I said, wait a few days then decide on an exact activity and ask her if she would like to join you. She will if she is interested in spending time with you.

What I don't get is why you are awkward in person. Do you get tongue tied? Can't make eye contact? Do some searching for ways to fix whatever it is.

• I get tongue-tied. I have initiated a date idea in 3 weeks now.