She seems to be acting different, wondering if telling her I was spending new years with family instead of friends put her off?

Not sure if I'm overthinking it but noticed the last couple of days, this girl's texting has changed enough for me to be alarmed. She used to send 8-10 lines in a text but now it's half that. Her response time has also gone from 5-10 minutes to 30 mins/nearly an hour. Not all the time, she does reply quick, but something seems different in her texts.

Just wondering if it's because she asked what I was doing for new years and that I told her I was seeing the new year in with family and cooking them all a meal. She's away at her mums for the new year, so she's doing the same pretty much, but wondering if it put her off that I wasn't "out with friends" and maybe it looked like I didn't have any? Wondering if that would be a put off?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't think this was the reason why. She is at her mom's house, so she's doing the same think as you are.
    If you really like this girl, you should give her some time and maybe do something special for her in the next few days :)

Good luck!

0|0
    0|0
    • She had arranged date #4 before we had date #3 last Thursday. Date #4 will be the coming Saturday. When we spoke about it on the last date, she suggested that I stay over if it was fine with me.

We're going to a comedy club, but I decided to bring it up in our conversation and I said I'll book the tickets when I get home. She told me to let me know how much she owes me but I told her to consider it a birthday treat and she doesn't have to owe me anything. I did this to test her interest in me as if she was unsure/uninterested, she'd be insistent on paying me back, but instead she said "Thank you very much :)".

She doesn't use as many emojis now, but mostly using the smiley face with the red cheeks.

My other problem is she hasn't initiated contact with me today, whereas every day before she has. If I don't initiate in the morning, she always will, but she hasn't today.

Wondering if me "staying over" this coming Saturday is making her nervous/pull back a little?

• Hmm.. «staying over» is a big thing and it should mean something.

You sounds like a nice guy so you have nothing to worry about. And maybe don't over think all of her texts, texts are really bad way to communicate with someone you are dating.

• True, I mean we have a date set and she knows the tickets are paid for. We did get very close on our last date.. I reached out to hold her hand and in the cinema I put my arm around her and she rested her head on me, then after a while she locked her hands with mine (she made that move). I do wonder if she knows that sex is going to happen and she's feeling nervous, or maybe she's taking a step back to see if I'll initiate and show genuine interest? Aka I'm not thinking about just having sex with her, but that I genuinely like her?

Should I reach out tomorrow or should I stay silent and let her reach out next time? I initiated on Sunday and Monday morning (when it was new years).

• I definitely don't think thats the reason, tbh as a girl i'd be reassured that you were with family rather than friends as it shows you are most likely a caring person. She might just have her own stuff going on so she's busy or needs some time to herself.

0|0
    0|0
    • She had arranged date #4 before we had date #3 last Thursday. Date #4 will be the coming Saturday. When we spoke about it on the last date, she suggested that I stay over if it was fine with me.

We're going to a comedy club, but I decided to bring it up in our conversation and I said I'll book the tickets when I get home. She told me to let me know how much she owes me but I told her to consider it a birthday treat and she doesn't have to owe me anything. I did this to test her interest in me as if she was unsure/uninterested, she'd be insistent on paying me back, but instead she said "Thank you very much :)".

She doesn't use as many emojis now, but mostly using the smiley face with the red cheeks.

My other problem is she hasn't initiated contact with me today, whereas every day before she has. If I don't initiate in the morning, she always will, but she hasn't today.

Wondering if me "staying over" this coming Saturday is making her nervous/pull back a little?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

Recommended myTakes