Do you think it’s hot seeing the opposite gender read a book?

• Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
  • Indifferent
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• No, I would not say that it is "hot" like a turn on, but I very much prefer to date intelligent women and seeing a woman reading is a very good sign.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No. Reading books is something everyone should be doing, it should be the default. And to me, something that's default or expected is not really "hot", it just is.
    If anything, it would be a major turnoff if the guy didn't read.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 103

• I think it depends of how much we value reading. For example, I am a huge reader, so if a women read, that's a + and it can be hot. However someone who don't like to read books can have a different opinion.

Furthermore, a women doing what she truly likes is desirable. So if you like to read books, read books ;)

1|1
    0|0
  • I wouldn't say it is hot, I'm not aroused by it but I do love to read, I collect books so a woman who is into reading is someone I'd have something in common with. I've dated women before that we would buddy read the same novel with so we could do it together and talk about the story.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on the book to be honest. I saw a remotely attractive woman in a toll booth for a monorail I was going into reading a book where the headline was something like 'How society fucks with women with how they percieve the concept of virginity' & I was just like, well I bet she's fun to talk to. Which was internal sarcsm, a thing I employ often.

0|1
    0|0
  • Only if it's erotica. But in general, no. It's neither arousing and unarousing. Unless she's reading "the Feminine Mystique" or "Half the Sky" or anything written by Andrea Dworkin. Then it means, "Get the fuck out and run fast and far". Fuck that shit.

0|1
    0|0
  • The majority are sapiosexual... followed by those that are indifferent one way or the other... then there is the retards. They see that and realize that talking to that person is way too... difficult. Kinda like reading is for them as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • The only books I like to read is how to make money. Especially books on real estate and business. Other than that it really has to catch my attention, last book I truly loved to read and could go back to read is "The Giver" or anything from the Halo franchise.

0|0
    0|0
  • To the guys? Not really. If you look hot then you will look hot reading a book or doing homework. The whole point is about doing something not silly but pleasurable and mature.

Imagine... A giant boar, with tusk and everything, reading a book. Unless he's a cute boar, you will run away screaming.

0|0
    0|0
  • "Oh yeah, you read that book you dirty slut!"

I have some weird fetishes, but a girl reading books isn't one of them.

1|3
    0|0
  • It depends very heavily on the book lol. If I see someone reading a book I'm into or something of substance, I find it appealing. If they're reading 50 shades of romanticised abuse, not so much.

0|2
    0|0
  • It's a book.. Why is it hot? If the girl is cute and focused then i would find that attractive. Doesn't matter if she's focused on a book or a newspaper or what.

0|1
    0|0
  • nah. intelligence is not defined by reading a book, even if i find intelligent people attractive. depends on the book, and the person. there are some dumb people out there with access to books 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Well. Yes. But that doesn't really mean anything, because women are hot doing pretty much anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • favoriteof.com/.../emma-watson-books.jpeg

Of course!!! It’s one of the reasons I adore Emma Watson because her social media’s filled with pics like this...
    teendaily.net/.../...-2016-06-02-at-2.57.34-PM.png

Instead of this...
    hotgirlpic.co/.../yo-ventura-sexy-selfie.jpg

Srs! While I am a guy lol... it’s nice to look at but it’s refreshing and makes me much more interested in a reader than a bathroom selfie poster🤷‍♂️🐿

0|0
    0|0
  • To me it is, especially if it's non fiction. Shows that you're intellectually curious and not some basic bitch trying to get by solely on her looks.

0|0
    0|0
  • I expect the opposite gender to be literate and I would hope she enjoys reading. But as for it being hot, to see a girl reading. It really doesn't do anything for me either way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol who cares she's reading a book. Not like I'm gonna be staring at her while she's reading 😂😂😂

0|0
    0|0
  • I do think it's attractive to try and learn more and, intelligence is attractive too but I don't think reading a book is hot.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not exactly hot, I find it attractive nonetheless because it shows a level of intellect, but hot is not the word I would use.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure I would say it's "hot", in the sense that I would get no direct sexual feelings about it, but it's definitely a feature I look for in a woman.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure if it's "hot", but I definitely feel something. It automatically boosts my opinion of them I guess, if that makes sense.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 67

• I don't see how exercising basic acts of intelligence is supposed to make my panties wet but, it's a bonus if he can read.

1|2
    0|1
    • It's not really hot or sexually thrilling but it's nice to have a shared common interest if you're also into reading.

• I find it delightful when I see people reading actual books but I don't find it "hot".

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it's sweet :)

0|1
    0|0
  • Indifferent to me.

0|0
    1|1
  • Omg I was ones in the metro and there was a guy sitting in front of me and he was reading a book and he wore an leather jacket and some vans and we started looking at each other and we both liked each other he was so damw hot with his book

2|1
    0|0
  • I hadn't really thought about this, but yes that is hot. If an adult man is carrying a well-read book around and it's something intelligent, not Twilight or something horrendous, that's an immediate turn on.

0|1
    0|0
  • one Saturday in the city

me: *walks down the crowded city trying to get to a store*
    me: *sees guy reading a book at a coffee shop*

me to me: wow, he's sexy!

(does this sound like a normal person's thoughts?)

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much depends on the book... obviously if they're reading Archie and Jughead, then no... but if they are reading something with a little weight to it, the a big YES

0|0
    0|0
  • It isn't really about it being hot, but rather alluring
    As someone who loves to read, it would be an attractive trait to see in a guy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I thinks its hot to see anyone reading an actual book.

0|1
    0|0
  • it shows class. but it depends on what he's reading.

0|0
    0|0
  • Saying "hot" to reading books is kinda odd, but I love seeing guys read because it's attractive. But I wouldn't call it hot

0|0
    0|0
  • Lol, wtf I don't know... maybe a little. If he was shirtless, maybe. Honestly he's just reading a book, how hot can it be?

0|0
    0|0
  • I find it more attractive than a guy watching youtube on his phone, but I'm not like "oh, I see you're reading The Little Engine That Could. 👖↷🗑"

0|0
    0|0
  • yesss! I find that so many people these days are always on their phones so I find that guys who read are really hot.

1|0
    0|0
  • I love it when I see a guy actually spending time reading a book of their choice. Where I live, most people don't read books so it's hard to find a guy voluntarily reading.

0|0
    0|0
  • I know that some of the guys are being immature about this, but I've had some guys approach me while reading a book. Some even peer closer to see what I'm reading.

0|1
    0|0
  • Absolutely. I don't know why but it's so attractive to see a guy reading 😍

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I love when they read. It does not have to be reading. If they like learning searching i love it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Indifferent, we all learned to read (unless you're Jared and 19) so I guess I'm never too impressed.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes