Is it wrong to date a friends' sister?

There has nothing happened yet, but i matched with my friends sister on Tinder and i really want to talk to her (i sent her an opening line and she responded very friendly-ish)

The thing is that she is the sister of my brothers best friend. I hang out with my brother and his friend a lot so i think it's a little weird to flirt with his sister. What do you think?

14

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to personally ask your friend to see if he is comfortable with it. Because all it takes for this to turn it into bad blood, and it's hell. The thing is what is she on that site for and why are you on that site. What are your intentions for dating her and what is she looking for out of dating IF dating is what she is looking for. What are the families standards and values overall. At the end of the day, it's best to talk it out with your friend and possibly her at the same time with all of you there. That's the best thing to do IF you're really that serious. Because if all you want is basically a good screw, then respect her, respect your friend, and move on. Because all it takes is for you to make the wrong move and he might end you if and when something goes wrong. Family stick together no matter the differences. So you better think about your odds on that. If you don't see it being logical, best to step out of it. Plenty of guys who crush on somebody's sister thinks they're all that, till something goes wrong and the brother says that you have to go

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated my best friend's sister in high school. She was a smoking hot punk girl that everybody wanted and/or was afraid of.

My friend was against it at first, but we sat him down and had a heart-to-heart and after that he was fine with it. The kicker was that I really loved her. If you're just after sex, you're gonna have a bad time.

• I'm looking for a relationship rather than sex.
      But what makes me think this might be okay is that he is mainly my brothers friend. I only ever hang out with him when he comes to my house to visit my brother, never just the two of úr.

• Two of us*

• If you want to avoid conflict, have a talk with him. He'll respect you for it, even if he doesn't like it.