What is the reason you broke up with your last boyfriend/girlfriend?

62

Most Helpful Girl

• He was so deeply embroiled in his own troubles that it just wasn't healthy for us to continue attempting a romantic relationship, even though the feelings were still there it was causing me too much pain.

But he knew it wasn't working as well, so we agreed to stay friends. I'm not sure how that will work out but I think he needs me.

• He needs you in what way?

• Yeah but there are some irreconcilable differences in our sexual preferences. I don't know if it's just because he's deeply scarred by life, but he doesn't connect love and sex at all. Sex is completely about degradation for him. I'm not sure he'll ever get beyond that. His love is something else entirely. I can't deal with that because I'm not into degradation at all.

• Yes I see... I think there is a deeper problem that lead to that... that is therapy is helpful but you should be there too... let him open up about his past...

Most Helpful Guy