Guys, Why would a guy let go of a girl he loves?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I will tell you exactly why I had to let go of the girl I loved... she chose a man who beats her senseless over me. A man who beat her so bad she went temporarily blind, and put her in the hospital.

I tried to stay in her life, because her happiness was very important to me. Him, being the controlling abusive shitbag scum that he is, made every effort to prevent me from even being in her life as a friend.

She would see my messages, but just stopped replying one day. I love her unconditionally and she is always welcome to come back into my life, but I can't keep putting myself out there and injuring myself emotionally over somebody who is going to always run back to her abuser.

The only way I get to see her anymore is in my dreams. Did I ever stop loving her? Not for an instant. Did I have to let her go regardless? Yes, and it was the hardest thing I've ever done.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • How long have you been in love with her?

• Show All
    • What made you fall in love with her? Actually it’s not pathetic cause I’m the type of person that believes you will only ever truly love one person. That person you love is irreplaceable and unique.

• The entire story isn't something I'm comfortable telling...

Part of it was just my natural instinct to protect people. She would often be at work just shaking because he essentially gave her PTSD from how much he would beat her. I honestly wanted to just be supportive as a friend, I didn't want to get romantically interested in that type of scenario.
      It was really how she handled herself during her divorce. The guy had basically trapped her in a world of darkness, and when she saw how much pain I was in she tried to be a light in my world. Going through all that pain, and she never lost her empathy for others. Don't get me wrong I was already physically attracted to her, but there's just something about a nurturing woman with an amazing heart that always gets me.

I know she doesn't hate me or anything, but I also know that he's being very aggressive with her so I just can't contact her anymore for her own safety. If they ever divorce again, I'll reach out to her.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• It really depends on the individual, there was a girl I cared for deeply (and still do) but I let her go at the time because I wasn't ready to commit as I had so much other things going on in my life and it would have been unfair to her. It still hurts to this day if I'm being honest.

0|1
    0|0
  • Found someone else
    Doesn’t love her as much as she thought he did

0|0
    0|0
  • Lot's of reasons. Sometimes rational or irrational.

We are taught from media and our family units that love is powerful and ever-lasting. It can be in some cases, but in many cases you have to make a choice to say goodbye to the one you love.

-Moving away due to work or school.

-If your loved one won't stop dabbling in a dangerous lifestyle and you must give them up.

-Sometimes you just can't keep up to another person... if you get sick or are in trouble and you believe they are better off living their life without you, you have the choice to push them away.

Love is a gamble. It can be rewarding or painful. But love isn't an absolute. Life comes before love.

0|1
    0|0
  • If she didn't love him back

0|0
    0|0
  • He wants to make sure girl comes back...

0|0
    0|0
  • He wouldn't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cause love isn't everything!

0|0
    0|0
  • Because he watched too many movies and romance crap.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes