What are your thoughts on online relationships?

I'm curious. My best friend is in one right now and I'm not really sure what to exactly think of it. I mean, she's happy and all, but is it serious?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I have successful experience in this kind of dating... So if they are starting to improve this relationship to become real like calling on phone, calling cam2cam, and then visiting each other in real, and they're in love! this relationship can be real like any normal relationship and become happy relationship...

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Online relationship? As in it only exists online? I wouldn't call it an actual committed relationship. It's just a start of a budding relationship, that might or might not actually become reality. I don't believe people can fall in love without actually meeting at least once. Chemistry, physical connection and compability can only be tested face to face.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 16

• I think it's sad, not in the judgmental way but as in I feel like if I had a online relationship it would make me upset as I wouldn't be PHYSICALLY seeing them and I guess that's one of the key factors that I believe makes a strong relationship, being able to see your loved one face to face regularly and hold hands so forth but I couldn't handle a online one as that has none of those things.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well online relationships can last but that depends on the people, cuz you can also find predators, players and even some good guys and for guys they find some flirts gold diggers etc etc but sometimes they find nice people so distance doesn't matter to them because they can't find some comforting from the people they meet in real life, that's why many people gets into cyber relationship, i hope you get my point

0|0
    0|0
  • online relationship nowdays better than it was before.
    as long as they use video call and stuff like that. I think it might work.
    while it possible the couple cheat around anywhere though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not in reality, no. It may certainly feel serious, more power to you. But it boils down to you're not ever having any real interaction with each other to establish who someome really is

0|0
    0|0
  • she may think its serious but until it moves offline its a fantasy

1|0
    0|0
  • It doesn't last. They may be serious but, it's no use unless they meet.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its tuff. Sometimes works out. But in my experience most people come out of it thinking it was a huge waste of time.

0|0
    0|0
  • I really wanted to try because I feel it's fun and you can learn to be mature!
    I am down if anyone wants to try! I am an open minded individual! 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I believe that love is above everything so two people having a relationship is absolutely realistic thing to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a waste of time! You can't date someone if you don't ever actually go out on a date!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's serious - at least to her.

1|0
    0|0
  • They work if both couples make it happen.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely work

0|0
    0|0
  • Boring. Needs physicality.

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't know never had one

0|0
    0|0
  • How far is their distance? And where are they from?

0|0
    0|0
    • She lives in Germany. He lives in America.

• Oh wow that's quite a distance. I mean am also talking to a girl and we both like each other but she is from France and am from the Netherlands so the distance is only 900 km compared to 3000+

• Haha, I'm also from the Netherlands. Nice to meet you. And yeah, that's reachable.

What Girls Said 11

• They're not real. You cannot "love" someone that you have never met and spent time with, IN PERSON.

People who engage is purely digital relationships are desperate to be in relationships for the wrong reasons, usually because they don't truly love themselves, and are seeking an external source of happiness to fill a void.

1|0
    0|0
  • They rarely survive the distance long-term, because the basis of the relationship is online communication. That's not enough for a healthy lasting relationship.

If two people can meet up on a regular basis , it's easier to maintain their LDR

The most challenging part is keeping each other's interest.

0|0
    0|0
  • She better know what she's doing, and the person she's being with, because if she doesn't how to handle one, or if he's a player, she's gonna find herself very heartbroken and disappointed.

1|0
    0|0
  • its fun and all but there's no way for you to be sure that both are fully committed to it and its easier to be cheated on. lets just say that its basically an illusion but as long as she’s happy thats okay i guess.

0|0
    0|0
  • Love is love , the second you feel it , regardless where you guys met , there is no such thing as perfect settings. Love can happen anywhere.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't believe in it. I don't think you can actually meet the person that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • It only works if both are virgin

0|2
    0|0
  • I just don't see them working out in the long run.

0|0
    0|0
  • They're silly.

0|0
    0|0
  • not good. the other could be cheating

0|0
    0|0
  • They aren't for real. They are just two people who have decided to pretend date together.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes