When is it approproate to have sex in a relationship?

I've been with my guy for 7 months, and one of my friends teased me bc we haven't had sex yet. I'm just not ready for that with him. I'm wondering if other people's opinions are similar to hers, or to mine so please answer honestly. Your answer will not change my opinion, I'm just curious! So, at what point in the relationship is it appropriate to have sex?

1013

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are a virgin then i agree with you, take your time when you feel like you are ready go for it but if you are not virgin then i fully agree with spacepope's opinion below and i would have done the same to you.

• I'm not. Only had sex with one person. I just don't get to see my guy every day since we live a little far apart. I probably would've been comfortable with it sooner of we were closer.

• Yeah. It's just hard to get a moment alone since we both have roommates as well!

• I can better understand your situation, even i live here with my roommate​ friends, there's no privacy at all. I hope soon you will get sometime alone with your partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• As soon as you feel like it. Also depends on how frequent you see them, like if you see them every day, you may even feel ready in the first month/week. Some people don't have sex til marriage. But I just dont get why people think sex is that special now that it doesn't usually result in pregnancy. If I was you, id make more of an effort to be ready for it, but obviously dont force yourself into it if you're not feeling it.

• We live in different cities and work a lot, so we only see each other on the weekend.