When is it approproate to have sex in a relationship?

I've been with my guy for 7 months, and one of my friends teased me bc we haven't had sex yet. I'm just not ready for that with him. I'm wondering if other people's opinions are similar to hers, or to mine so please answer honestly. Your answer will not change my opinion, I'm just curious! So, at what point in the relationship is it appropriate to have sex?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are a virgin then i agree with you, take your time when you feel like you are ready go for it but if you are not virgin then i fully agree with spacepope's opinion below and i would have done the same to you.

0|0
    0|0
    • I'm not. Only had sex with one person. I just don't get to see my guy every day since we live a little far apart. I probably would've been comfortable with it sooner of we were closer.

• Show All
    • Yeah. It's just hard to get a moment alone since we both have roommates as well!

• I can better understand your situation, even i live here with my roommate​ friends, there's no privacy at all. I hope soon you will get sometime alone with your partner.

Most Helpful Girl

• As soon as you feel like it. Also depends on how frequent you see them, like if you see them every day, you may even feel ready in the first month/week. Some people don't have sex til marriage. But I just dont get why people think sex is that special now that it doesn't usually result in pregnancy. If I was you, id make more of an effort to be ready for it, but obviously dont force yourself into it if you're not feeling it.

0|0
    0|0
    • We live in different cities and work a lot, so we only see each other on the weekend.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 12

• you in ur mid twenties and have a relationship since 7 months and haven't had sex?

wow, i pitty ur boyfriend, i would have left u at least 5 months ago.

u are worse than hitler girl.

1|0
    4|0
    • girls like u are the ones that ask in about a week "why did he cheat on me?" and the worst is u really dont understand why he did after not fucking him for more tjan half a year. then u scream "all guys are pigs"

girls like u are disgusting.

• Show All
    • It is something we have discussed before. We don't get to see each other often, both have roommates, so the opportunity for sex is kind of rare as well. We both want to wait for the right moment when we've got some privacy. I've also told him I am going to get on birth control, so we are taking precautions and being careful. I think we're both in a place now where we're ready to do it.

• okay have fun...

• It's really completely up to you.

However I will say this I think if you've been with him for 7 months I'd say any day now would be appropriate when you're ready.

Cause I think that's been plenty of time for you to get to know him.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're asking if that's the norm then no, most people start having sex much earlier. However - if both of you are ok with waiting then it really doesn't matter what the norm is or what anyone else thinks.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex is not the only way to make a connection and express feelings and bond... I personally think you should wait till marriage to keep your integrity... It already happened that the guy left you in your previous relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • It's appropriate when you feel like it is. Don't be pressured into it. And don't pressure him into it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you both feel comfortable doing so theirs no average time really but usually it doesn't take too long if your really into eachother

0|0
    0|0
    • We're both kind of awkward. I honestly wouldn't know how to even initiate sex.

• Usually the guy initiates sex by kissing and touching your neck sides legs thighs breasts or crotch area as a sort of for play if a woman initiates it usually she kisses him and touches his lower stomach thighs sides and crotch once he gets an erection than u both kinda pull each others clothes off and that's how it goes in my experiences

• Why are you waiting? He needs to dump your sorry ass and find a woman who deserves him. You Goddamn sure don't.

0|0
    3|0
  • You should wait until you meet someone that isn't your brother.

0|0
    0|0
  • After you marry?

1|0
    0|0
    • It will prove his seriousness about your relationship.

• When you have privacy.

0|0
    0|0
  • when you both want to

0|0
    0|0
  • I would have dumbed you 4 months ago

0|1
    3|0

What Girls Said 9

• When you feel ready to do so!! There is literally no specific or set time. Your friends shouldn't be teasing you about it. That is actually what is wrong with society. Constantly pressuring people to do things they are not ready for!!

1|1
    0|0
  • It's only right to have sex whenever both of u feel comfortable and ready for it, no matter how much time that may take

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you feel ready, and whenever you both feel it’s right. There’s no time limit on that so just whenever feels right for you both. Best of luck!

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you feel ready and comfortable. This can’t be decided for you. You need to make this decision yourself.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah, I just haven't bc I don't feel ready. In my last relationship I felt very rushed into sex. Like that was all my ex was concerned about and, I understand guys wanting sex, but I can't be rushed into it. I'm not going to enjoy it.

• You should talk to your boyfriend about this.

• It's only ever appropriate when You know and feel the time is right.

0|0
    0|0
  • Seriously, when you feel like it. If you still don't feel like it and you're not a virgin, maybe you're not with the right person.

0|0
    0|0
  • Spacepope, you are trash

0|0
    0|0
  • After marriage.

0|0
    0|0
  • Whenever you’re ready is when it’s appropriate.

It differs for everyone. I slept with my boyfriend on the first day. We’re still together and going strong after 9 months. Others may wait years.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes