He is scared I will cheat because of my body?

My boyfriend was drunk last night and started telling me things he wouldn't tell me while sober. He said he wants to love me he is just afraid to because he always thinks I'm out of his league and I have a good body that I'll cheat on him. What? He was with a girl for 5 years that cheated on him and he said he is terrified to fall in love with me in case I do the same so he keeps me at a distance but he wants to be with me.

He always tells me he loves me now after last night I don't think he does. I am attractive, and people say I could do better than him but I love him so why would he worry about that? What do I do? Does this mean he doesn't love me and never will?

628

Most Helpful Guy

• "Does this mean he doesn't love me and never will?"

Geeeeezus you're daft. No, it doesn't mean that. Because he says he wants to love you but is terrified that you'll hurt him like that other broad did by cheating on him. He doesn't trust you and thinks its just a matter of time before you do cheat in him. If people are saying you can do better then he knows eventually you'll start to think that. You'll start believing everyone else that you're better than him and before long you'll be blowing some other dude. He knows this and it scares him.

So what do you do? Reaffirm your commitment to only him. I'm sure he does love you but he's not all in because he fears you're not. As long as you keep faithful to him and show him that then eventually he'll stop feeling so inadequate that he fears losing you.

• I sent him a text asking if he will ever stop keeping me at a distance. He ignored it but I haven't seen him since last week because he chooses to see his friends and drink every night instead. so he does keep me at a realllllllly big distance, I don't think he fears losing me

• It's a coping strategy.

• He's coping by never seeing me and ignoring my texts? I don't know. I miss him and want to see him and haven't seen him since last week and during his days off he is choosing to go out and drink and not see me. That doesn't sound like someone who fears losing someone or am I wrong?

Most Helpful Girl

• People tend to say how they really feel when they're drunk. You should be careful here because it's either that he's scared because of the fact that his ex cheated and is psychologically affected OR he's using the fact that you are better than him to steer you away from him. I never believe it when people say the 'out of my league' thing because if you are blessed with someone who is gorgeous and loyal and loves you why would you look for a reason to let them go? If you love him he should love you back and cherish all the moments with you, not look for excuses to make you not love him.

• I think he's genuinely scared after what happened with his ex. This guy would never tell me emotional things like this if he didn't mean them, he keeps things to himself so I think it's true. He doesn't want to break up with me