How do you know that a guy is interested in you not just for sex?

I've met a guy recently and we had two dates. We didn't have sex and we just kissed on the second date. The second date was in the afternoon and it was romantic but I don't know if he is doing all these efforts just for sex? We don't text a lot and I don't know what it means (PS : sorry for my English I'm french)

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Eh, this could be either way. I'd wait two or so more dates to see if he works in the direction of sex - it usually shows after the third or fourth date.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Ok but if on the third dates he wants to have sex, does it means that he doesn't want something serious?

• I'd judge that based on his reaction if you decline. If he urges you he's in for the sex only, if he says something to the effect "Really? Okay :(" he's in for more.

Most Helpful Girl

• Is there a hurry? Each guy is different, some will be geniune and some not. It's hard to tell you about this guy because we don't know anything about it. Just take it one day at a time and DO NOT OVERTHINK it. If he does try for sex and you don't want it, all you have to do is say no and walk away.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 22

• Cut the crap, every guy wants to have sex. You honestly telling me you want a relationship that will never result in sex and kids?

Give me a break.

0|2
    0|0
  • Well I think it's safe to say that any man that asks a woman out in the first place has physical attraction towards the woman. I'm sure a significant part of that motivation is sex appeal. So I think that in this life, you should expect that every man that asks you out finds you sexually appealing and will want to do that with you. Now whether you feel that is all he wants from you is up to you. In this particular case, it's too early in the game to know what his true intentions are.

0|1
    0|0
  • For me when i was pursuing a woman for a relationship. I wanted to know everything about her. I personally dont care if i get sex in a relationship. That's what i got hands for. But its still nice to have someone want you and only you.

0|0
    0|0
  • If he doesn't want you for sex, he'll be innocent and won't bring up the topic of sex, he'll show love and affection without any sign of wanting you physically, test him, stay with him a while without sex, and if he asks for sex REJECT IT, if it's still so early then he wants you for sex, if it's late or well timed then reject it, if he accepts it and respects that you still need time, then he doesn't want you for sex, while if he just dumps you after that then yeah the answer is obvious

0|0
    0|0
  • Bon idee!! Anyway, that would be hard to tell. I'm a guy, so I understand if he's just dying to be with you... but it's hard to know if he's into you for more than just your body. Asking him would be weird... If he has siblings in contact with you, ask them how he acts at home, or his parents, maybe... Observe him, but incognito. Is he sincere? Does he touch you gently, and where... I hope that helps.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's a natural tendency for anyone willing to get into the pants of the opposite gender. But he indeed is interested more in sex than you if he speeds up the physical contacts. U must give it some time to get the real picture.

0|0
    0|0
  • When you talk, does he talk about sexual and physical intimacy? Is he always putting his hand on you and trying to seduce you by touching you?

0|0
    0|0
    • Not at all, we danced a little and he cuddled me and kissed me but he didn't put his hand somewhere else than my humps or my face

• Guys just after sex tend to agressively purse their sexual interests more and he doesn't seem to be doing that.

• There isn't really a way to know that. As a guy, I know that many of my friends are more than happy to string a girl along to get laid, and then they get rid of her as soon as they get what they want.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's too soon to tell really after only 2 dates. The key to know a person is talking to them a lot. In person is best and find out what their life goals/views are.

0|0
    0|0
  • He shows real interest in you besides sex... i. e. he likes never ending talks hugs kisses smells your hair and is genuine to you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Try asking him relationship questions related to the issue... maybe his past experiences... or how he would like your relationship to evolve and get to the next level

0|0
    0|0
  • When you have your 50th wedding anniversary, you will know.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd say if their is at least one topic that comes up and he is very into it and knows about it or gets very into it that would be a good gradient

0|0
    0|0
  • If he were genuinely interested, he'd text and make sure to keep the interaction going

0|0
    0|0
  • If you wanna know, Just don't make sex with him, wait longer, if he continues with you It isn't Just for sex

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah he probably wants to get laid, best thing is to make him wait see if his attitude changes

0|0
    0|0
  • That fag*ot is insecure about going sexual

0|0
    1|0
  • you can't judge that yet in my opinion.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just a heads up... Everything we do is with the intent of sex.

0|0
    0|0
  • You don't. There's only one way you're guaranteed to find out. Nobody owes you commitment any more than you owe them sex.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 1

• Make him wait at least 2 months. Is he asking questions about you. Does he remember little things you've told him about yourself and things you like.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes