Does age really matter?

If yes, why? And how old is acceptable?

If no, why do you think so?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, but not when you look like I do. Funny I should see this since I just mentioned it in another one of your questions.

This 30 year old woman asked me on a date once... guy walking by stopped and said to the woman ''you should be ashamed of yourself you cradle snatcher''.

Then the woman said ''what do you mean?''
    The guy said ''he must be about 20 years old, why don't you go for someone your own age?''

The woman said ''he's older than me!''
    When the guy asked my age, I lied and said 22 years old just to wind her up, but I came clean after a while. Had to put her out of her misery hahaha.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• My grandparents are 16 years apart! In some cases I think age should be acceptable, as long as your not 40 years apart, your good

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 36

• Seeing how vigorous people in their 60s and even 70s are these days, and that I myself can still run like I did in my 20s, I think age matters less from a physical standpoint than it used to. It's also my experience that outlooks on life and the associated maturity levels can vary among people of similar ages, so the idea of a big age difference does not seem that farfetched to me, at least in some cases. What seems to be more important is similar ways of thinking, personal philosophies, values, and interests.

2|0
    0|0
    • I'd go as low as 21 or as high as 65 if we clicked and there were no health issues, although I would expect women within a few years of my age to be the ones most interested in me.

• Okay! Well thought out! :)

• It really depends on the ages. The older both people get the less it matters. I met my wife when I was 25 and she was 35. Now I am 46 and she is 56 we never had a problem with the age difference. I think if we met when we were younger the ten year difference would have been a problem.

2|1
    0|0
    • wow! I haven't heard many cases where the woman was older... but I think that is amazing

• For a girl there is a natural limit let say late 30s to be healthy to give birth... if your partner dont want children than its not an issue... otherwise I think less than 21 is too early though.. someone should have sometime to experience life and grow before commiting

2|0
    0|0
  • In my opinion, no, it really doesn't. My girlfriend is 20 years younger than I am, and we're doing just fine. I guess you're at the low end of the range I'd consider, cause 18 is pretty young. But there's all levels of maturity and interests. If we clicked, we did. I'd be fine with it, if I didn't already have a girlfriend.

1|0
    0|0
  • Age matters when he or she is younger than you by a lot if you're 18 or over dating someone younger is shamed up cause there not adults yet if you're younger then 18 and you date someone older that also looks bad but if you're 18 and date someone elder I don't see why it would be bad since you are both of she

1|0
    0|0
  • Age matters. I would date a 30 year old but that's it

2|0
    0|0
  • Depends, if it's illegal cuz underage then of course it matters lol.
    But even if it's legal, a big age gap between two people can have really bad effects on a relationship, their age difference might come with a difference in interests or maturity which leads to imbalance, not to mention the fact that one of the partners is gonna grow old before the other, and he/she won't be able to satisfy their partner's needs and it would lead to very uncomfortable and awkward situations, the best age difference would be 4 years maximum in my opinion

1|0
    0|0
  • It depends, for me at least, I would say no more than 4ish years. Otherwise you might not have that much to talk about, but again that's just from my perspective.

1|0
    0|0
  • No not really, time is an artificial construct and has no real bearing on the individual. All that really matters is someone's maturity level.

1|0
    0|0
  • To a point yes. Years can represent years of experience, and it can be frustrating being with someone that doesn't have that. Your level of maturity also is likely to change over the years and that affects a relationship as well. The biggest thing is that if the age gap is too wide, you may end up break it off because they are too old, unattractive, unable to keep up.

We all make our own choices, so if we decide we want to date someone, we do it. You just have to consider everything first or you will end up disappointed.

2|0
    0|0
  • It may or may not matter to the couple involved, but it shouldn't matter to anyone else.

"And how old is acceptable?"
    Over 18.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes a little bit, in 5 years of diffrence is pretty acceptable. In 7 years it gets okey but in 12 its riscy

1|0
    0|0
  • Age, I assume you mean when it comes to couples, isn't necessarily important. As long as everything is legal, then happiness is what's important.

1|0
    0|0
  • People who say age isn't important are trying to justify their pedophilia.

0|1
    2|1
  • Age isn't important, not in the borders of just love as sexual. I believe that everything is fine as long as both parties agree to what will happen

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it a deal breaker as long as your together for the right reasons

1|0
    0|0
  • It matters to me. I wouldn't date a girl under 20 or over 30 . Lol

1|0
    0|0
  • depends on the gap of both the male and female lol...

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope it doesn't matter at all as long as you are of legal age

1|0
    0|0
  • It does to cops and judges but to me, if there's hair on the muff, she's old enough.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it matters as long as it is consensual and both are into each other

1|0
    1|0
  • yes it does but as long as you're both fine with it it shouldn't matter too much

1|0
    0|0
  • As long as you're legal, you do whatever you want. People can say it's wrong or whatever, but as long as you're not underage, anything is possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, a connection is a connection

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes really matter
    16 to 100

1|0
    1|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • no its depends on maturity

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not the age it's the mileage...

1|1
    0|0
  • As long as your over 18 who cares

1|0
    0|0
  • Its all the spirit! 😀

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• age matters to me but that is considered in light of maturity and intelligence and level of independence and physical fitness too

1|0
    0|0
  • Age isn’t important to me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well it matters that a person is legal... lol Otherwise not really. Age is only a number. I have known 40 year olds that act like they are 12 and 20 somthings that are very mature.

1|1
    0|0
    • What about a super genius 13 year old with an IQ of 250 and a 35 year old with an IQ of 100. Whom would be taking advantage of whom in that scenario? It's a scenario in a movie I saw once, which made me think about it.

• Show All
    • @bente2 I agree lol

• @bente2 That is true. Though, I guess you'd have to see the movie. The way they presented it rose a lot of questions, for me. IQ does denote, to some degree, ability, though. Take a super intelligent, manipulative--mature or not--13 year old, and have him/her know all the buttons to press, sees into peoples' souls, and sees 20 steps ahead, to manipulate a 35, 40, whatever age old into sleeping with them. In that scenario, who would be the victim?

It would be illegal, depending on the country. Some countries have age of consents of like 12. Disgusting, I know. But, nevertheless, morality is determined by the particular society.

• Not to me. If you’re both 18+ you’re free to do whatever.

I might not want to date someone above a certain age, but if someone else does, that’s their business.

Personally, I would date 19-23 at this moment. When I turn 18, or 19, i’d go as high as 40.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nobody bats an eye when a man is older than a woman. People say age doesn't matter but when a woman is older, all of a sudden it's not cool.
    Despite that bias, I say age doesn't matter as long as the couple is happy.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, I think I'd be a bit uncomfortable, but I don't really care if it's anyone else. You do you

1|0
    0|0
  • Age does matter, thinking it doesn't is niave. As you get older age starts to mean less. The difference between a 25 year old and 35 year old might be the same as a 15 year old and 25 year old, but the age difference means significantly more in the second option. Even with adults a large age gap can be a deal breaker for some couples. Sometimes people at different life stages just don't mesh well. Does that mean no large age gap will ever work? No, but it does mean that those relationships have unique problems that may make it harder.

1|0
    0|0
  • Would date a 40 year old or marry him in your late 20's just for him to be 60... in your 40's do you really wanna take care of him?

1|0
    0|0
  • Yea to be on the same wavelength I'd like to keep it in the same decade

1|0
    0|0
  • Just for sex as long as he's 18 😉
    For a relationship I'd want within 5 years of my age either way

1|0
    0|0
  • age only matters to me in the ways of maturity.

1|1
    0|0
  • Yes. It matters.

1|0
    0|0
  • No anything over 18 dosent matter

1|1
    0|0
  • To an extent

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah